Private 2-Day Desert Tour from Marrakech
Short Sahara desert Private Tour from Marrakech. The Zagora desert is the closest desert to Marrakech. The tour includes a camel ride to a nomadic camp in order to sleep in a traditional nomad tent. Throughout your tour, you may stop at any point to take photos. The tour covers the High Atlas mountains, Ait Benhadou, Ouarzazate, Agdez and Draa river valley.
Main measures to comply with hygiene and cleaning requirements for the prevention and control against COVID – 19:
• Sanitizing hand rub available in all our vehicles.
• Protective face masks will be distributed to each passenger. Obligatory use of its during the trip.
• Surfaces of the vehicule will be wiped with disinfectant after each use.
• Driver and/or guide will wear masks and gloves during the journey.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private A/C Vehicle, 4WD Toyota Land Cruiser + fuel
- Multi-lingual driver during the tour
- Camel Trek
- Overnight accommodation in nomad desert bivouac Caravane du sud
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Day 1: Marrakech - Ait Benhaddou - Ouarzazate - Draa Valley - Zagora Dunes
Pick up is planned from your hotel in Marrakech at 7h30 in the morning, taking the road to cross High Atlas mountains via the Tizi n'Tichka pass towards Ait Benhaddou village, the fortified ksar with it's beautiful Kasbahs, Ait Benhaddou has served as a natural decoration for many movies producers since 1960's.
Once you get to Ait Benhaddou village you take a walk to go on the top of the hill to dominate the whole village. Afterwards, you will head to Ouarzazate for lunch next to the famous Kasbah of Taourirt which represents the historical and cultural interest of Ouarzazate. After lunch you will travel to the south and cross the second pass which is Tizi N'Tnifift at 5,610 ft (1710m) and Ait Saoun village, the former route of caravans for Sahara traders coming from "Tombouktou", you will reach the first administrative centre called "Agdez Village" that marks the source of Draa Valley, with it's 6 successive palm groves stating (Mezguita palmary, Fezouata...) and Kasbahs stating the famous Tamnougalt Kasbah.
You will continue through the lunar landscapes and the Pre-Sahara routes until you get to Zagora which is a small town, the native region of Saadian dynasty (Saadian tombs in Marrakech) who used to rule Morocco in the XVII century. You will take a camel trek , ride the camels by the sunset and get to the camp and enjoy a dinner and overnight in the tents.
Day 2: Zagora Dunes - Agdez - High Atlas and Tichka - Marrakech
A wake early to see the sunrise over the dunes, followed by a breakfast in the bivouac of Zagora in the southern Morocco, then ride the camels to meet your driver. Drive back to Marrakech, you will pass via Ouarzazate and have free time for lunch in a local restaurant. In the afternoon, you will continue via the Atlas Mountains to get to Marrakech.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Possiblity Return a plane back from Zagora to Marrakech only one hour if available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.