Private 2-Hour Tour of the Holocaust History Museum
This private tour of Yad Vashem offers you a unique opportunity to explore the history of the Holocaust with a personal guide. During a 2-hour tour of the world-renowned Holocaust History Museum, your guide will lead you through each gallery, where you will discover the stories behind hundreds of items on display. You will be able to watch survivor testimonies, view personal diaries and be inspired by the moving stories woven in to the chronology of one of the most devastating periods in the history of mankind.
• 2-hour private, guided tour
• Discover the stories behind hundreds of items and artifacts on display
• See unforgettable exhibits including the Auschwitz Album, Schindler's List and the monumental Hall of Names
• Experience one of Jerusalem's most popular tourist sites with an expert Yad Vashem guide
• Customized tour with personal guide
per adult from
What's included :
- Private tour
- Professional guide
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Yad Vashem - The World Holocaust Remembrance Center
What's excluded :
- The listed price does not include an $8.00 parking fee payable on the premises
- Visit: Yad Vashem - The World Holocaust Remembrance Center, Mount Herzl Mount of Remembrance in Jerusalem, Entrance to the site is via the Holland Junction, situated on Herzl Boulevard, Jerusalem 91034 Israel
Your guide will be waiting for you at the Group Desk in the Visitors' Center (look for the TripAdvisor sign) for your personal tour.
As your guide leads the way, you will enter the Holocaust History Museum, designed by world-renowned architect Moshe Safdie. The prism-like triangular structure penetrates the mountain from one side to the other, with both ends dramatically cantilevering into the open air. Your first stop in the museum will be the incredible video artwork, "Living Landscape". The 13-meter piece is composed of original film clips and photographs that depict the rich Jewish life that existed in Europe prior to WW II. Your guide will then take you through nine different galleries each one depicting a different "chapter" in the annals of Holocaust history. You will encounter authentic posters, propaganda and antisemitic board games that provide some context for the developments in Nazi Germany during the 1930s. On "Leszno Street," you will walk upon the cobblestones of a reconstructed street from the Warsaw Ghetto. Other highlights include the original Auschwitz Album, a photo album which includes the only surviving visual evidence of the process leading to the mass murder at Auschwitz-Birkenau, and a copy of "Schindler's List". At the close of the museum is the monumental the Hall of Names. As you enter the circular hall, you can see the upper cone which reaches 10 meters skywards, on which the pictures of 600 men, women and children are displayed. As you look down, you will see the pictures reflected below in a pool of water dug deep into the bedrock.
The tour ends with a breathtaking panoramic view of modern day Jerusalem, giving you a moment to reflect upon your visit to the Mount of Remembrance.
At the close of the tour, you are welcome to explore the rest of the extensive Yad Vashem campus.
Departure Point :Yad Vashem - The World Holocaust Remembrance Center, Mount Herzl Mount of Remembrance in Jerusalem, Entrance to the site is via the Holland Junction, situated on Herzl Boulevard, Jerusalem 91034 Israel
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age: 10 years old
- Stroller accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.