Private Authentic Italian Cooking Class Near Agropoli with a Local Family
Enjoy a private market tour and authentic cooking class in a local home in Santa Maria di Castellabate with your host Nicola. This is a perfect experience for anyone looking to connect with local culture over food. During the market tour, you will explore a vegetable, meat, cheese grocer and purchase a few ingredients for your cooking class. You will walk through the different shops and explore with Nicola some local and regional produce sold by his favored vendors.Your cooking class will take place in a local home where Nicola will teach you to make a traditional Italian meal including homemade pasta. After cooking, you will enjoy your meal together in his parent's home.
• Market tour and cooking lesson in a local home
• Introduction to Italy's culture and cuisine
• 100% private activity
• Experience Southern-Italian hospitality in a residential Santa Maria di Castellabate neighborhood
• Vegetarian and vegan options available
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private market tour and cooking class with host Nicola
- Alcoholic Beverages - Local wine
- Private transportation
- Round-trip transfers are included if you live within 15kms of Santa Maria di Castellabate
What's excluded :
- This is a unique opportunity to visit the home of a local and explore traditional culture and cuisine. Your host Nicola will pick you up from your hotel and drive you to a few local shops for your market tour where you will purchase ingredients for your cooking class. Walk through the different shops and explore with your host local and regional produce sold by his favored vendors. Your market tour will last about 30 minutes. Then, join your host Nicola at his parent’s home to learn to cook an authentic Italian meal from recipes that have been passed down through generations of his family. Your hands-on southern Italian cooking class involves learning to make 3 dishes made from scratch from Nicola’s mother Lia and will last about 2 hours. Start by learning to make Cilento pizza or fusilli in the Cilento style accompanied by a meat sauce and a vegetable dish. Nicola will act as your translator as his mother Lia does not speak English. Enjoy learning about the tips and techniques involved in Southern Italian cooking and culture before you sit down at the kitchen dining table to share the meal you helped prepare with host Nicola and his parents.
• Cilento pizza
• Handmade pasta with ragu
• Eggplant parmigiana or stuffed peppers
• Fresh fruit
Departure Point :84048 Santa Maria di Castellabate, SA, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Your host Nicola will meet you at the concierge desk of your hotel listed when making your reservation. If you are staying in the towns of Santa Maria di Castellabate, Agropoli or Acciaroli, your host Nicola will pick you up from the concierge desk of your hotel or B&B and drop you off at the end of your culinary experience. He will drive you to his home located in Santa Maria.If you’re staying more than 15 kms away from Santa Maria, Nicola does not offer pick-up, please meet him at his home.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Service animals allowed
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 0 percent cancellation fee.