Private Customized Tour: A Local's Christmas In Edinburgh
There’s just something about wrapping up warm over Christmas to really get you in the festive spirit! Edinburgh is a fairytale city year round, but December is when it really becomes an enchanting winter wonderland. Spend an evening exploring the most magical parts of the city with a local to discover historic cobbled streets draped in festive lights, a magical Christmas market and glittering Christmas trees. Indulge in festive treats and browse the Christmas markets to buy unique gifts, stroll through mazes of twinkling lights and warm up with a spiced cider, hot chocolate or a wee dram of whisky!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private and personalised experience
- 3 hours with a Local Host
- A cup of hot chocolate, mulled wine to warm up or a soft drink per person
- Hotel meet-up (available on request for central location)
- Walking experience (if required, your host can suggest public transport or private taxi options)
What's excluded :
- Additional food and drinks from the ones provided in the experience
- Tickets to any attractions
- Transportation costs
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: CityUnscripted, Edinburgh Scotland
• Join a local to discover Edinburgh’s best Christmas lights and the most festive sights
• Explore the charming streets of the Old Town and see beautiful light displays
• Browse the European and Scottish Markets to buy gifts or indulge in some festive food and drinks
• Stroll through the winter wonderland in Princes Street Gardens, seeing the ice-skaters or getting on the ice-rink yourself!
• Warm up in a local pub and enjoy a festive drink with your local, getting tips and tricks for other Christmas things to do in the city.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Edinburgh, UK
Traveler pickup is offered
Once you have booked your experience, we will be in touch in order to finalise the meeting point details with you. We can arrange pick up from hotels and other locations in the centre of the city. Your meeting point must be confirmed and agreed by the experience planners in advance. This is a walking experience, so your host will meet you on foot
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 9/26/2020 - 1/8/2021
11/1/2021 - 1/8/2022
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please book at least 48 hours in advance so that we can build the best experience for you
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- City Unscripted and all City Unscripted hosts follow the WHO (World Health Organization) and local government’s health and safety recommendations at all times. To keep up to date with the latest news we recommend visiting these World Health Organization (WHO) website pages.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.