Private Cycling Day Tour to Visit Local Villages
Experience the tranquility of the countryside outside Luang Prabang while you bicycle to local villages with a guide. Discover hidden charms as you explore off-the-beaten-path on a full-day tour — ideal for nature lovers, culture seekers, and active travelers. You'll see a different side to northern Laos and learn about the the history and unique tradition of Laos' ethnic groups.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmet
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- In the morning, start cycling from your hotel in Luang Prabang to the Mekong River pier where you'll embark on a local ferry. The leisurely bike trip takes you on dirt roads to the Khmu village, about 4.3 miles (7 km) away. Follow your guide on a red-soil dirt road, passing small forests and a rustic village with wooden houses. Stop along the way for photo ops of the local children and hard-working farmers in the field.
On arrival at the home of a Khmu family, take part in daily life, including cooking a few Lao foods. During your time in the village, your guide will introduce you to some traditional customs of the Khmu people, considered one of the three biggest ethnic groups in Laos.
After lunch, cycle to Ban Chan village, famous for pottery and brick making as well as terra-cotta tiles. If you'd like, try your hand at making a ceramic item to bring back as a souvenir.
Bicycling back to the bank of the Mekong River, visit charming Wat Long Khun, situated among bougainvillea and palmyra palms. Once a royal retreat center for spiritual revitalization, the Buddhist temple is attractively sited at the top of a long stairway. Afterward, cross the Mekong River by ferry and then pedal back to your hotel.
Departure Point :Your hotel in Luang Prabang
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Your hotel in Luang Prabang
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 12 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Moderate fitness is recommended
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.