Private Day Tour: Chengdu's tranquil countryside 12km hiking
This one day Chengdu Countryside Hiking Tour offers spectacular hiking through the Wugen Mountain and rarely explored hidden villages surrounding White Pagoda Lake, on the outskirts of Greater Chengdu. The exclusive trail takes you through peaceful forests, bamboo and mountain tops, occasionally passing through rural villages on the way. Starting at the beautiful White Pagoda Temple, the walk is a perfect combination of local nature and culture, providing insight into the laid-back lifestyles of the local people, who still live and farm there to this day.
Hiking Distance: 12 kilometres (7.5 miles)
Highest Altitude: 724 meters
Lowest Altitude: 564 meters
per adult from
9 to 11 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Lunch - We wil have lunch in a local village and try some authentic local food
- English-speaking tour guide service
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Daomingzhen, Chongzhou, Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Your driver and guide will pick you up from your hotel at 08:00 am. Then you will head for Wugen Mountain located about 60 kilometers (37 miles) west of Chengdu, taking around 1.5 hours to arrive.
After arriving, we will begin by taking a short visit to White Pagoda Monastery and the unique library inside, created by Master Guoping. Then you will start hiking the trails and exploring the hidden villages scattered around the woods and mountains. The trails naturally bring you to a valley, where you can enjoy an authentic lunch from a local restaurant.
In the afternoon, you will walk up to the ridge of a small mountain and continue making your way around the lake before going down to a teahouse where you have the opportunity to relax and enjoy a cup of tea. Today’s hiking ends when you arrive at the beautiful White Pagoda Lake, situated below a Buddhist temple that has a white pagoda emerging from the mountain top, providing the lake with its name.
After enjoying the lake view, you have the opportunity to visit a local bamboo-weaving workshop in a small village nearby.
Our guide and driver will bring you back to your hotel and you can expect to arrive between 18:30 and 19:15, depending on traffic.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.