Private Day Trek To Tung Fort From Mumbai
The alternative name for this fort is 'Kathingad’ or 'difficult fort', but it's actually a fairly easy, fun trek with some steep challenges. There are narrow rock-cut steps that help you climb quite fast. You'll trek past the ruins of an old temple, along grassy slopes, up to the cone-shaped fort. There are some sections that will be slippery in the monsoon, so you'll have to tread carefully.
Located at an altitude of 3527 feet, the Tung Fort is close to Pune. From the summit of this majestic fort, you'll be able to see views of the Lohagad, Visapur, Tikona and Korigad, as well as the waters of Pavna dam on three sides.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transfers between your hotel and the base village. By AC car/van.
- Driver charges, fuel, tolls, parking charges, vehicle insurance.
- Vegetarian breakfast, lunch, evening tea/snacks. Could be a packed meal.
- Meals could be packed or at a local restaurant or at the base village.
- All guide charges. Any gear if needed for the trek.
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- Any personal expenses such as soft drinks, packaged water, extra meals,...
- Any detour from the travel route could lead to additional fuel/drive/vehicle charges.
- Any item not mentioned in the inclusions.
We pick you up at 06:00 hrs. You'll stop en route for breakfast, and should get to Tung base village by about 10:00 hrs. The trek begins from here, and you should get to the top by noon. You'll have some time to eat your packed lunch, and can explore the fort for some time. By 14:00 hrs, you'll begin the descent back to Tung village. You'll depart by 15:30 hrs, and you'll stop at Lonavala for refreshments and evening snacks. You will return home between 20:00 - 2130 hours.
NOTE: You will need to book for a minimum of 2 persons.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Travel time from Mumbai to the start point of the trek is roughly about 4 hours, but subjective to traffic conditions. Travel on weekends will have lesser traffic.
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.