Private Day trip Orchha from Khajuraho with Lunch
The historic town of Orchha, nestled on the banks of river Betwa, was founded in the 16th century by the Bundela Rajput Chief, Rudra Pratap. Here, the river Betwa splits into seven channels, also called the Satdhara. Legend goes that this is in honour of the seven erstwhile Chiefs of Orchha.
The ancient town seems frozen in time, with its many monuments continuing to retain their original grandeur even to this day. Here you will find some of the most fascinating temples and palaces that will help you realise a childhood fantasy – travelling back in time!
per adult from
What's included :
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- 01 Bottled water per person
- Hotel pickup and drop-off to Khajuraho Hotel
- English speaking Guide
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Personal Expenses
- Breakfast and Dinner
- In the morning after breakfast pick up you from Hotel Lobby in Khajuraho later proceed to Orchha. On arrival visit Orchha Fort . It is located on island of Betwa river and was prominent building in Orchha. Here almost all the monuments & buildings are associated with Bundela dynasty. Orchha fort is also know as Jehangir fort, is erected in honor of Mughal Emperor Jahangir when he was on visit of Bundelkhand region. Fort is setup using both Muslim & Hindu building architecture. Here emperor Jahangir stayed for single night. Later visit riverside cenotaphs of Bundela Kings & royal family members and temples like Ram Raja Temple, Laxminarayan Temple, Chaturbhuj Temple etc. In evening you may visit local temple to attend evening aarti. Evening back to Khajuraho. On arrival transfer to your hotel .
Departure Point :Khajuraho, Khajuraho, Chhatarpur District, Madhya Pradesh
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.