Private Day Trip to Galle Fort from Colombo
Enjoy a same day guided trip to Galle fort from your Colombo city hotel. Visit a turtle hatchery and a tsunami photo museum as well. This tour includes travel in a private air-conditioned vehicle and services of a professional English-speaking guide.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (from Colombo city)
- Private tour
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Pick-up in your private air-conditioned vehicle from your Colombo city hotel at around 7.30 a.m. Distance to Galle is 129 kilometres with a driving time of approximately two hours.
Enroute visit Kosgoda turtle hatchery, home to seven species of marine turtles and other wild sea life. Then stop by the Tsunami photo museum in Telwatta, before arriving in Galle.
Visit The Fort of Galle - The South Coast’s major city is Galle, whose oldest landmark is the massive Portuguese and Dutch fort in which the central city is contained. But the city may be much older. Some scholars believe it to be the ‘Tarshish’ of the Old testament, to which King Solomon sent his merchant Vessels, and to which Jonah fled from the Lord. Today, the 90 acre Galle Fort who’s no evidence of the Portuguese founders. The Dutch incorporated the Portuguese northern wall in a great rampart in 1663. A second, taller wall was build inside of it. Between the two walls, a covered passage connected the central bastion with the fort’s two half bastion’s overlooking the sea. The original gate to the fort was by the harbor. It is still there, marked by the old Dutch V.O.C ( for ‘Verenigde Oost Indische Compagnie) arms with a rooster crest.
After Galle Fort, drive back to Colombo. You will be dropped back off at your Colombo city hotel.
Departure Point :Your Colombo city hotel
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to your Colombo city hotel
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum age is 3 years
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by DAS Lanka