Private Delhi Food Tour: Cooking Class - at Home with a Local
Skip the celebrity chefs and head straight to the source of authentic Indian cooking secrets on your very own private Delhi tour that delves into the heartland of Indian cuisine — a local's home!
per adult from
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Private transportation
- All-vegetarian meal
- Chai & Local snacks
What's excluded :
- Gratuities for guide
- Our 'home-cooked' Delhi food tour is less tour and more unique local experience and is hands down one of the most authentic things to do in Delhi. It's not just a meal, but a dining experience in a family home, where you'll learn about local culture, taste incredible food and make new friends. Meet your guide, take private transportation & make your way to your host's house. Your local guide will give you the lowdown on what to expect for the evening before we're welcomed into our host's home. As dinner is being prepared, your local guide will provide information on the lifestyles of Indians, the traditions of home life, the importance of family in Indian culture, arranged marriages - and of course, the food! You'll dine on a traditional Indian home-cooked meal, which will be predominantly vegetarian and sure to tantalise our tastebuds like no other.
Our hosts and local guide will be more than happy to provide as much information as we desire on the dishes provided, their ingredients, and how best to eat them, something you wont find on other Delhi tours.
After saying thank you and goodbye to our hosts, our driver shall drop you back to your hotel within Delhi.
• New Delhi, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi
• Vegetarian Meal
• Local snacks
Departure Point :Hotel Jivitesh, # 11, Pusa Rd, opposite Metro Pillar Number 87, Block 17 A, WEA, Karol Bagh, New Delhi, Delhi 110005, India
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress standards are conservative throughout Asia, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate.
- Additional Information: Please note that out of respect for our hosts, alcohol will not be served with dinner and should not be taken to the host's place of residence.
- Child Policy: This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6.
- Near public transportation
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour: Your tour visits a local Indian family who had no links with tourism before Urban Adventures introduced them to this amazing world four years ago. Since then, the woman who does this tour has hosted around 2000 people and she feels very happy when travellers appreciate her and her cooking. She is independent and feels very happy about being connected with us.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.