Private ERICE and SEGESTA Tour - with Local Guide - starts from Palermo
• Exclusive Tour led by a licensed LOCAL GUIDE
• Comfortable Transport from your hotel by Top Class Mercedes Minivan
• Stunning views in Erice and photo opportunities
• Guided tour of Segesta archeological site
• Private tour ensures the undivided attention of your guide
SEGESTA, according to the traditional legend, had a Trojan origin. It is located on the isolated hill called Barbaro and washed by the river Crimiso, nearby Calatafimi. The well-preserved temple and the Greek theater were built in the late 5th century BC. ERICE, just about 2400 feet above sea level, is cool even in a hot Sicilian summer. According to Thucydides, it was a city like no other; a sacred place dedicated to the goddess of love and fecundity, Aphrodite for the Greeks and Venus for the Romans.
per adult from
7 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Guided Tours in Segesta and Erice
- Local guide/driver
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Exclusive Private tour
- Bottled water
- Transportation by Mercedes V-Class Minivan
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Entrance Fees
- Entry/Admission - Tempio di Segesta
- Entry/Admission - Teatro Greco di Segesta
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Castellammare del Golfo, Castellammare del Golfo, Province of Trapani, Sicily
The tour starts with hotel pickup in Palermo by your LOCAL GUIDE. You’ll be driven (1.5h) on board of a Luxury Mercedes Minivan along the beautiful North coast passing the Gulf of Castellammare and the wine producing area of 'Bianco d'Alcamo,' a well-known white wine.
Stop At: Tempio di Segesta, Contrada Barbaro SNC, 91013 Calatafimi-Segesta, Sicily Italy
On your arrival to SEGESTA together with your local guide you'll visit the archaeological area (Temple and Theater) which is embedded within a wonderful landscape. The remains of an Arabic mosque, a Norman church and the Forum Romanum are also visible.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Teatro Greco di Segesta, Contrada Barbaro SNC, 91013 Calatafimi-Segesta, Sicily Italy
Higher still is the theatre that offers great panoramic views. New excavations that have uncovered the remains of a stoà a place where citizens strolled and discussed among themselves, an agora where assemblies were held. The high-stepped, semi-circular THEATER opens onto a breathtaking panorama over the surrounding countryside with the sea in the distance. The location has inspired generations of travelers and artists, and is an experience you cannot miss.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Erice, Erice, Province of Trapani, Sicily
Continue to the Medieval hill-top town ERICE, a real gem. After a lunch break at a local restaurant, have a stroll through the cobblestone streets of the Medieval town. Arrive at the public garden located next to the ruins of the Norman castle, the view from here is stunning. It is not just the views that brings people here since the quaint cobblestone streets have their own unique appeal. Return to Palermo in the afternoon.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your Hotel in Palermo
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- No infants allowed
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- ● Wear masks while in enclosed spaces, like vehicles or museums ● Be aware of and respect local health and safety regulations and advisories
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.