Private Full-Day Tour of 3 Durbar Squares in Kathmandu Valley
On this 7-hour private tour, see the three Durbar Squares in Kathmandu Valley, all of which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Durbar squares are plazas that are opposite of the royal palaces in Nepal and consist of museums, shops, temples, monasteries, local villages and restaurants.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off from your hotel or airport
- Transport by private vehicle
- English speaking local guide
- 2 Mineral water bottles per person
- Entry/Admission - Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Entry/Admission - Patan Durbar Square
- Entry/Admission - Bhaktapur Durbar Square
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kathmandu Durbar Square, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal
Kathmandu Durbar Square or Hanuman Dhoka Durbar Square is the plaza in front of the old royal palace of the then Kathmandu Kingdom. The Durbar Square is surrounded with spectacular architecture and vividly showcases the skills of the Newar artists and craftsmen over several centuries. The royal palace was originally at Dattaraya square and was later moved to the Durbar square location. The Kathmandu Durbar Square holds the palaces of the Malla and Shah Kings who ruled over the city. Along with these palaces, the square surrounds quadrangles revealing courtyards and temples. It is known as Hanuman Dhoka Durbar Square, a name derived from a statue of Hanuman, the monkey devotee of Lord Ram, at the entrance of the palace. Other main attractions are Living goddess Kumari, Temple of Goddess Taleju,Kal Bhairab, Lord Hanuman, and Kasthamandap, which was unfortunately destroyed by the 2015 earthquake.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Patan Durbar Square, Patan (Lalitpur) 44700 Nepal
Patan Durbar Square is the old palace of the medieval rulers of Patan, believed to have been founded by King Veer Deva in 299 A.D. The square contains innumerable buildings embellished with elaborately carved windows and balconies in the Newar tradition. Krishna Mandir , Hiranya Varna Mahavihar are the main attractions here.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Bhaktapur 00977-1-4701148 Nepal
Bhaktapur Durbar Square is the plaza in front of the royal palace of the old Bhaktapur Kingdom. The Bhaktapur Durbar Square is located in the current town of Bhaktapur, also known as Bhadgoan. While the complex consists of at least four distinct squares (Durbar Square, Taumadhi Square, Dattatreya Square and Pottery Square), the whole area is informally known as the Bhakapur Durbar Square and is a highly visited site in the Kathmandu Valley. The attractions here are The Lion Gate-Dating as far back as 1696 A.D., The Golden Gate, said to be the most beautiful and richly moulded specimen of its kind in the entire world, the Palace of Fifty-five Windows, the Picture Gallery, which contains ancient paintings belonging to the Hindu and Buddhist Tantrism of various periods and descriptions, Nyatapola Temple, a five-storeyed pagoda built by King Bhupatindra Malla in 1702 A.D, and Dattatraya Temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva is built in 1427 A.D. Also nearby is a monastery with exquisitely carved peacock windows.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Any hotel you booked in Kathmandu but preferred which is located in Thamel. You need to give us name of the hotel at the time of booking or inform us about your pick up location at least one day before by mail or call. Pick up time 10 Am. Airports
- Tribhuvan Airport, Kathmandu Nepal
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Adult pricing applies to all other travelers
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. Please dress modestly.
- Please note that there has been significant damage to some of the sites visited on this tour due to the earthquakes in April and May 2015
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.