Private Full Day Tour of Casablanca
Discover Casablanca from a local’s perspective on a Casablanca city tour. Trace the rich history of Morocco’s economical capital as you hear stories about the old Anfa village and the European (French) settlement and learn about the immigration and migrant from all over Morocco that have shaped Casablanca’s cultural diversity. Explore Casablanca’s famed Boulevards; familiarize yourself with some of Casablanca’s iconic architecture, including Mohammed V Square, the Great Hassan 2 Mosque and the Ain Diab Corniche…
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Professional art historian guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- After picking you up from the airport, port or your hotel you will start your morning off at Parc de La Ligue Arabe, a huge garden with avenues lined with tall palm trees, ficus, arcades, pergolas and flower beds. Moving north, we will take the road towards the old medina as you move through Place Mohammed V and the Place des Nations Uniones, the main focal points of Ville Novelle, Casa’s new town. See French architecture complemented with Moorish design in Place Mohammed V, the protectorate square. Pass by the prefecture, law courts, central post office and cultural centers. Enjoy music played by the attractive monumental fountain. Next enter Place des Nationes Unies. Now lined with impressive 1930’s apartments, shops and restaurants, the square was no more than an entertaining market place at the beginning of the 20th century. Make sure you have a camera in hand to take pictures of the famous clock tower, art deco hotels, the eleven story Moretti apartment block and the high rise art deco buildings covered with loggias, columns, zellij tiles and geometric carvings on Boulevard Mohmmed V. Visit the famous residential blocks: the Glaoui, the Bessonneau and the Asayag. The Boulevard links Place des Nationes with the railway station and is the gateway to the central market. Continue a short way to the Avenue des Forces Royal, a commercial area that leads into the old medina. With the help of your guide, move easily through the labyrinth of narrow streets lined with jewelers, barbers and artisans. See the squala, a fortified 18th century bastion. Visit the nearby shrine containing the tomb of Sidi Allal el-Kairouant, Casa’s first patron saint.
Enjoy your moroccan lunch at Rick's Cafe. After lunch visit the Mosque of Hassan II. Casablanca is home to the Hassan II mosque, designed by the French architect Michel Pinceau It is situated on a promonotory looking out to the Atlantic, which can be seen through a gigantic glass floor with room for 25,000 worshippers. The Mosque of Hassan II’s promontory offers lovely views overlooking Casa in the residential Afna quarter. After touring the Mosque, head over to the New Town of Casablanca also designed by the French architect Henry Prost for an hour of shopping. The main streets of the New Town (Ville Nouvelle in French) radiate south and east from Place des Nations Unies, where the main market of Anfa had been. The New Town you past in your morning journey is possibly the most impressive in Morocco. Former administrative buildings and modern hotels populate the area. Their style is a combination of Hispano-Mauresque and art deco styles. End the day with a visit to The Parc de la Ligue Arabe (formally called Lyautey) which is the city's largest city parc. On its edge is situated the Cathedrale Du sacree Coeur, which is disused, but is a splendid example of Mauresque architecture. This completes your Morocco Travel experience. Drop you off at your accommodation,airport or port the evening.
Departure Point :Your Hotel, Airport or Port.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.