Private Full-Day Tour of Mandalay
Join this private day tour to explore Mandalay, the last capital city in Myanmar that rich in culture and tradition. Weaving, bronze casting, stone craving and much more can all be found here. There are many things to see in Mandalay such as Kuthodaw Pagoda, Golden Palace Monastery, Mahamuni Pagoda, Mandalay Royal Palace and Mandalay Hills.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour with professional guide and driver
- Fuel surcharge
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Airport transfers
- Personal Expenses
- Travel insurance
- Airport tax
- We will depart from your hotel at 8:30am after breakfast. First, we will go to Mahamuni Buddha, a spectacular and attractive statue of Lord Buddha, completely made of Gold. As one of the most significant sites of Buddhist pilgrimage in Myanmar, it is a place of devotion and meditation. Women are not allowed to enter the innermost chamber (and consequently, to apply gold leaves on the statue).
Next, you will visit to a stone carving workshops and see a skilled craftsmen who attack pure white marble or stone with angle grinders and drills to create the most enigmatic Buddha images. From here, we will move on to the puppet workshop and wood carving. Since the gold-leaf is commonly use in Myanmar, it is fascinating to see the traditional way of gold-leaf is produced at Gold Leaf Workshop.
You will then enjoy your lunch at a local restaurant with variety of traditional food. A short free and easy time after lunch.
After a short break, we will move on to Mandalay Royal Palace followed by Golden Palace Monastery (Shwenandaw Monastery). The Monastery is small and atmospheric and was moved from the old Royal Palace grounds. It gave an idea of what the inside of the old Palace would have looked like in entirety originally and the beauty of the wood cravings from the glory period if Mandalay.
Finally, we will explore Kuthodaw Pagoda (the world’s largest book), is a lovely place to visit and really interesting for the history and cultural facts. It's a great place to walk around and soak up the sights and experience of this beautiful place. Before heading back to your hotel, you will enjoy the sun setting at the top of Mandalay Hill.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Your hotel in MandalayDates: DailyReturn point: Your hotel in Mandalay
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.