Private Full Day Tour to Umm Qais and Ajloun from Amman
Explore Umm Qais Greco Roman ruins and Ajloun Islamic Castle on this private trip from Amman, with round-trip transport included in private leisure new climate conditioned vehicle with private English-Speaking Driver. Venture north through the Jordan Valley to Umm Qais, where the ruined Greco-Roman Decapolis city of Gadara covers a hillside. Take a guided tour of the paved and columned Roman streets, see the theater, mausoleum, and other remains; peek inside the small museum. Later, visit Ajloun Castle, a 12th-century fortress built under Saladin to combat the Crusaders. Explore the stone castle and tiny museum, admire the spectacular views from the towers.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Private Transfer by air-conditioned leisure new vehicle according number of participants
- English-speaking driver
- Entrance fees to Umm Qais Ruins and Ajloun Castle; if option Jordan Pass not selected
- On board WI-FI
- Entry/Admission - Ajloun Castle
What's excluded :
- All type of meals, unless option with lunch selected (Vegetarian meal by request)
- All type of beverages
- All type of gratuities (Tips to the Driver) – Recommended
- Personal Expenses
- Anything else not mentioned
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Umm Qais, Umm Qais, Irbid Governorate
Drive with your own private leisure vehicle and English-Speaking Driver who doubles up as your guide to visit Umm Qais where the Ottoman Governor’s House has been restored and opened as a museum. Umm Qais offers beautiful views over the Northern Jordan Valley, the Sea of Galilee, and the Golan Heights. Start the visit walking the "Docomanos" street that leads to the theater which is different than other roman theaters, since this one is directed west instead of north. Proceed to the basilica church to see its octagonal altar which was a temple. Continue to the main street "Cardomaximo" which means the main street. The direction of this street is from east to west, usually the roman streets are from north to south. Then, visit the town’s museum to admire some of the precious artifacts recovered from the site, including mosaics and marble statues It is a unique roman city different than Jerash, which is another roman city in Jordan worth the visit.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ajloun Castle, Ajloun National Park, Jerash 26173 Jordan
Proceed to visit the city of Ajloun with its Islamic Castle of the 12th Century in the time of Saladin. Also, this beautiful castle is a unique stone building admiring the spectacular views from its tower cliff. Your day ends with a hotel drop-off.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off by request.
- Order of visits may change for day tours with more than one visit as long as all sites completed.
- Contact your local operator (phone number, emergency mobile number, or email address) a day before to reconfirm pick-up arrangements provided in your voucher.
- Clients are advised to bring hats, sun screen, and comfortable walking shoes.
- Tour activity is provided in English. For other languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German) by request.
- Mobile SIM cards including Wi-Fi are available with assistance of our team upon request and can be subject to a small additional charge approximately: 20 USD. (Prices subject to change by the communication company).
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level.
- Most local tourist restaurants in Jordan do not serve alcohol, if you do not want a dry restaurant please contact us.
- For Jordan Pass holders that purchased tour activity with entrance fees, please inform us to reimburse the entrance fees in destination.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- These measurements will be updated accordance with the Health Ministry regulations.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.