Private Half-Day Tour of Kathmandu Durbar Square and Swayambhunath Temple
On this 4-hour private tour, visit two of the cities most well-known attractions. Kathmandu Durbar Square, a UNESCO World Heritage site, showcases spectacular architecture and the skills of the Newar artists and craftsmen over several centuries. Swayambhunath Temple is the oldest Buddhist shrine and is the best place to observe religious harmony between Nepalese Buddhists and Hindus. The stupa is atop a hill, and requires considerable walk but from here, you will see beautiful views of Kathmandu Valley,
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pickup and drop-off from your hotel or airport
- Transport by private vehicle
- English speaking local guide
- 2 Mineral water bottles per person
- Entry/Admission - Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Entry/Admission - Swayambhunath Temple
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kathmandu Durbar Square, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal
Kathmandu Durbar Square or Hanuman Dhoka Durbar Square, the plaza in front of the old royal palace of the then Kathmandu Kingdom. It is one of three Durbar (royal palace) Squares in the Kathmandu Valley in Nepal, all of which are UNESCO World Heritage Sites. The royal palace was originally at Dattaraya square and was later moved to the Durbar square location. The Kathmandu Durbar Square holds the palaces of the Malla and Shah Kings who ruled over the city. Along with these palaces, the square surrounds quadrangles revealing courtyards and temples. It is known as Hanuman Dhoka Durbar Square, a name derived from a statue of Hanuman, the monkey devotee of Lord Ram, at the entrance of the palace.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Swayambhunath Temple, Swayamhu Circle Road, Kathmandu 44620 Nepal
Swayambhunath Temple, colloquially known as the 'monkey temple' because of the large tribe of roving monkeys who guard the temple. Situated on the top of a hill, it provides an excellent view of the Kahmandu Valley. It is said to have evolved spontaneously when the valley was created out of a primordial lake more than 2,000 years ago. The stupa is one of the most ancient in this part of the world and its worshipers come from diverse ethical backgrounds. Huge prayer wheels and fine Buddhist paintings are displayed in the monasteries, as well as the largest Buddha statue in the country.
After visiting the temple, you will be dropped off at the airport or back to your hotel in Kathmandu.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Any hotel in Kathmandu but preferred which is located in Thamel. You can give us your pick up address like your hotel or Kathmandu airport( If airport need name of the airlines and flight number) at least one day before the tour day.Airports
- Tribhuvan Airport, Kathmandu Nepal
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Adult pricing applies to all other travelers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.