Private Hidden Gems of Luang Prabang Day Tour
Explore the beauty of Luang Prabang's gorgeous temples and handicraft villages on a full-day tour of the UNESCO World Heritage site. Your guide will uncover unseen gems of this well-preserved ancient town and let you take part in cultural activities while enjoying the slow pace of life in Luang Prabang. Start in the early morning with a monks’ alms procession and finish with a sunset over Wat Phabath.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Transport by A/C private vehicle
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Wat Xiengthong
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- You will be picked up at your hotel in Luang Prabang early in the morning to experience the tranquility of the World Heritage–listed town at dawn. Observe Tak Bat, the monks' alms ceremony that takes place each morning on the streets. You will see monks in saffron robes walking in long, silent processions and accepting offerings left to them by devout Buddhists. Your personal guide will explain the significance of this ancient tradition.
Next, walk to the morning market and absorb the vibrant atmosphere while trying some tasty food (own expense). Afterward, you will visit Van Senne, which translates as 'Temple of 100,000 Treasures.' Then continue to Vat Xieng Thong, also known as the Temple of the Royal City, a vast complex of sacred buildings, considered the town's most beautiful temple.
On a tour of the Luang Prabang Traditional Arts and Ethnology Centre (TAEC), learn about the various ethnic tribes of Laos.
After lunch (included), you'll transfer by car to Ban Xang Khong and Ban Xieng Lek, villages famous for making traditional Saa paper made from mulberry. Used for writing, drawing, and a wide range of other products, it is the creativity that makes this paper a favorite item for visitors to Luang Prabang.
Lastly, enjoy the magnificent sunset at Wat Phabath and admire its combination of Thai, Lao, and Vietnamese architectural styles. When your full-day tour ends, you will be dropped off at your hotel.
Departure Point :Your hotel in Luang Prabang
Departure Time :5:30am
Return Detail :Your hotel in Luang Prabang
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 12 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.