Private Otavalo and Cotacachi Day Trip from Quito
Departure from Quito at 8:00am by the way "Pan-Americana Norte" with a brief stop Guayllabamba where you can taste the "custard apple/ chirimoya" fruit typical of the area.Visit the viewpoint of road to Cayambe to admire and take pictures of the beautiful valleys and mountains that holds this place. Crossing the line equatorial Cayambe, we passed Guachalá (ex monument in the middle of the World). Before arriving at Otavalo we make a short stop at Mira Lago (Viewpoint in San Pablo) to photograph the beautiful San Pablo Lake and its wonderful beauty. Continue to get to Otavalo where the Indians "Otavalos" develop their textiles. Later we will visit the Otavalo Market, where artisans exhibit their wares. Stop for lunch and continue to Cotacachi renown for its leather shops, return to Quito.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Miralago, Panamericana Norte km3 Via Del Cajas-Otavalo, San Pablo Del Lago 100211 Ecuador
You will be picked up from your Quito hotel at 8am and depart for Otavalo by way of the Pan-Americana Highway. There will be a brief stop in Guayllabamba where you can taste the chirimoya (custard apple) fruit that is typical of the area. You will also visit the viewpoint of the road to Cayambe to admire and photograph the beautiful mountains and valleys of the area. You will pass Guachalá, the oldest estate in Ecuador before stopping at Mira Lago, a San Pablo viewpoint. After photographing the beautiful San Pablo Lake, you will continue to Otavalo where the indigenous Otavalo people develop their textiles .
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Otavalo Market, Plaza de los Ponchos, Otavalo 100450 Ecuador
Visit the Otavalo market, known for its bustling Saturday market and offerings of various wares. While Saturday is the most famous market, there is plenty else available throughout the week in the plaza as well as the local shops. There will be a stop for lunch before continuing to Cotacachi, an artisan city renown for its leather shops.
After you have experienced the diverse textiles and leather products of the region, it will be time to return to Quito where you will be dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Quito, Quito, Pichincha Province
Traveler pickup is offered
In this map you will find a selected radius, but if you are staying in Quito, just let us know your hotel to arrange the pick up.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.