Private Shore Excursion from Civitavecchia: Tuscany Countryside Wine Tour from Rome
Spend the day in the beautiful Tuscany countryside on this full-day private shore excursion from Civitavecchia. Explore the unique gastronomy of the region, see the oldest Etruscan necropolises, and Archeological Park Tomb of François. Opt for a Tuscan lunch at your own expense.
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- A skilled, English-speaking private driver
- Port pick-up and drop-off
- Olive oil tasting
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance tickets for the Archaeological Park of Vulci - EUR 8 per person
- Entrance tickets for Castle of Vulci - EUR 2 per person
- Entrance tickets for the visit inside Tomb of François - EUR 2 per person
- Typical lunch at restaurant approximately EUR 25 per person (optional)
- Meet your driver at the Civitavecchia port and travel along the historic Aurelian Way, enjoying the wonderful view of ancient Roman ruins in the middle of vineyards and olive trees.
Your first stop of the day is to the Archaeological Park of Vulci, where you are able to take a long and pleasant walk through the ruins of an ancient Etruscan necropolis, and the Archeological Park. Pass the beautiful Pellicone Lake, the setting of many famous Italian movies.
After your walk through the Park of Vulci, head over to an olive oil mill to learn about the process of oil-making and to taste some of the delicious oils on toasted bread (the oil fabrique is open only in autumn). Then make your way to a picturesque medieval village, which counts only 900 inhabitants in all, for some breathtaking views over the landscape.
You have the option to stop at a local restaurant for a delicious Tuscan lunch, accompanied by water and wine (own expense).
Departure Point :Civitavecchia port
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Bookings are per group/vehicle
- Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time, and re-boarding time
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.