Private Siena Traditions Tour
SIENA IS WHERE THE MOST ITALIAN ICONIC FOLKLORISTIC EVENT TAKE PLACE: THE WORLD FAMOUS PALIO. Palio is an historic competition that takes place 2 times a year and attracts thousands of tourists from all over the world. This is not just a historical commemoration or a folk festival: this is the true core of Senesi, a representation of their City and their own history through times. Palio is hosted in the famous Piazza del Campo, one of the most original Italian squares because of its architectural asymmetrical structure, with its iconic and imposing Town Hall that overlooking it, together with the Torre del Mangia. Participants will be able to visit the museum of one of the 17 districts, and some off-the-beaten-path corners with interesting anecdotes to them.
per adult from
What's included :
- All activities
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Visit of all main sights
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Piazza del Campo
- Entry/Admission - Duomo di Siena
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza del Campo, 53100, Siena Italy
Piazza del Campo is the principal public space of the historic center of Siena, Tuscany, Italy and is regarded as one of Europe's greatest medieval squares. It is renowned worldwide for its beauty and architectural integrity. The Palazzo Pubblico and its Torre del Mangia, as well as various palazzi signorili surround the shell-shaped piazza
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena, Piazza Salimbeni 3, 53100, Siena Italy
Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena traces its history to a mount of piety (monte di pietà) founded by order of the Magistrature of the Republic of Siena on 4 March 1472, when its statute was approved. It is therefore often regarded the oldest bank in the world still operating. The basis of its foundation is the Statuto dei Paschi was written in 1419
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Duomo di Siena, Piazza del Duomo 8, 53100, Siena Italy
iena Cathedral (Italian: Duomo di Siena) is a medieval church in Siena, Italy, dedicated from its earliest days as a Roman Catholic Marian church, and now dedicated to the Assumption of Mary.
Previously the episcopal seat of the Diocese of Siena, from the 15th century the Archdiocese of Siena, it is now that of the Archdiocese of Siena-Colle di Val d'Elsa-Montalcino.
The cathedral itself was originally designed and completed between 1215 and 1263 on the site of an earlier structure. It has the form of a Latin cross with a slightly projecting transept, a dome and a bell tower.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Basilica Cateriniana San Domenico, Piazza San Domenico, 1, 53100 Siena SI, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.