Private Tour - Capitoline Museums
Discover with us the oldest European public collection of antiquities created by Pope Sixtus IV at the end of the XV century!
At the beginning or at the end of your holiday, this Museum will help you to make all the pieces of the old roman history fit together and you can't miss the incredible view over the Roman Rorum from the Museum.
Some of the masterpieces of the Museum:
• Capitoline Square
• Main Courtyard (Colossus of Constantine)
• Main Staircase (panels of Marcus Aurelius and Hadrian)
• Room of Orazi and Curiazi & Room of the Captains (XVI Century frescoes, Bernini's and Algardi's masterpieces)
• Ancient Roman bronze sculptures
• Room of the She Wolf
• Medusa's Head (Bernini)
• Marcus Aurelius Exedra
• Archaeological Ruins of the ancient Capitoline Temple of Juppiter
• Collection of the Roman Horti (monumental gardens of noblemen)
• Tabularium (Roman Forum view)
• Low courtyard of the New Palace (Marforio Fountain)
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Local guide
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Musei Capitolini
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Musei Capitolini, Piazza del Campidoglio 1, 00186 Rome Italy
It is the oldest public museum of all of Europe, created at the end of the XV century by Pope Sistus IV, the creator of the Sistine chapel. Here we will admire the incredible collection of Roman antiquities, with some exceptions like Bernini's Baroque statues, exposed in an incredible palace decorated with famous frescoes. A journey in the ancient times, to understand and indagate many aspects of the ancient Roman life.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Piazza del Campidoglio, Rome Italy
The square is an interesting work of urban reorganization designed by Michelangelo. Stands out in the middle of the square, the copy of the Statue of Marcus Aurelius (the original is inside the Museum). The square that we will see in detail is an example of the Renaissance architecture.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :Piazza del Campidoglio, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- It's mandatory to leave bags and backpacks in the checkroom
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- We'll take care of your safety.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.