Private Tour: Hampton Court Palace Walking Tour with Historian Guide
You will marvel at the Hampton Court Palace’s highlights on this 3-hour private tour. With your very own historian guide, discover the magnificence of King Henry VIII’s favorite royal residence. Marvel at the lavishly decorated Tudor Quarters, take a moment to reflect in the opulent Chapel Royal, traverse the cobbled courtyards and see masterpieces from the revered Royal Collection. Along the way, learn about the palace’s history and hear more about the Tudor, Stuart and Georgian royals who lived within its iconic red brick walls.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional historian guide
- Entry/Admission - Hampton Court Palace
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hampton Court Palace, A308, East Molesey KT8 9AU England
Make your own way to Hampton Court Palace in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames, roughly 30 minutes by train from central London. Nestled next to the Thames River, Hampton Court Palace is famous as the home of King Henry VIII, one of the most renowned monarchs in English history.
Meet your private historian guide at the ticket office and then set off on your tour of the magnificent palace. Snap photos of the majestic red brick façade before passing through the arched entrance way, surrounded by slender columnettes and elegant towers.
With your guide leading the way, work your way through the Palace’s halls. See Anne Boleyn’s Gate, one of the best preserved Tudor gatehouses in the country, and the Astronomical Clock in the Clock Court. Then, head inside for a stroll through the Tudor Quarters and the Great Hall. Gaze up at the hall’s sumptuously decorated hammer-beam roof and get an up-close look at the famous Abraham Tapestries that adorn the walls.
Wander through the Cumberland Art Gallery and discover magnificent works from the Royal Collection, including paintings by Rembrandt, Caravaggio, Holbein, van Dyck and Canaletto. Another must-see is the Chapel Royal, which was lavishly decorated by Henry VIII for the christening of his heir, Edward VI. Be wowed by the striking blue and gold ceiling, and see a replica of his crown, which is on display in the royal pew. Halfway through your tour, enjoy a brief stop for refreshments (own expense) at one of the palace’s cafes.
Walking through the magnificent Wren Gardens, you will head towards the famous Vine, the largest in the World, and visit its Pavillion, after which you will go to the most precious art treasure at Hampton Court “the Triumphs of Caesar”, a series of paintings by Andrea Mantegna that are widely considered among the most important Italian Renaissance paintings in the world.
Your tour concludes after approx. 3 hours, leaving you free to continue exploring at your own leisure. Perhaps break for lunch in the Queen Elizabeth I kitchen, or enjoy a leisurely stroll through the palace’s gardens.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Hampton Ct Way, Molesey, East Molesey KT8 9AU, UK
Return Detail :Hampton Ct Way, Molesey, East Molesey KT8 9AU, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note: trains from London Waterloo Station run regularly to Hampton Court; travel time is approximately 30 minutes. From Hampton Court Train Station to Hampton Court Palace is approximately a 10-minute walk
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.