Private Tour: National Gallery Tour in London with Art Historian Guide
See the best of London’s National Gallery, one of the world’s most visited art museums, on this private 2.5- to 3-hour tour. With a specialist art historian guide, look at the Gallery’s most impressive paintings and learn more about the artists behind them. You will enjoy the works by the Italian Renaissance Masters, including Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo, and Flemish masterpieces from the likes of Rubens and Van Eyck. You’ll also take in timeless paintings by French Impressionists and Post-Impressionists such as Monet, Picasso, and Cezanne.
per adult from
What's included :
- Art historian guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, London WC2N 5DN England
Choose from a morning or afternoon tour, and then make your own way to the National Gallery, a striking Pantheon-style art museum raised on a terrace overlooking Nelson’s Column and the iconic lion statues in London’s Trafalgar Square.
Meet your guide, an art history specialist, in front of the National Cafe in Trafalgar Square for a coffee and croissant before heading inside to trace European art across the centuries.
The National Gallery boasts one of Europe’s greatest collections of paintings by the Old Masters (European artists whose notable works were produced between the Renaissance and 18th century), and houses more than 2,300 artworks dating from the Middle Ages through the 20th century.
Stroll from room to room, taking in the mosaic floors, marble pillars and floor-to-ceiling art, and listen as your specialist guide talks you through the gallery’s key masterpieces as well as the artists behind them.
Throughout your private tour, pay special attention to the Italian greats — from the 13th-century Masters to the High Renaissance of Piero della Francesca, Botticelli, Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo — and the Flemish school of art, including works by Rubens and van Eyck, considered by many to be the first great master of Flemish and Early Netherlandish painting.
See, too, masterpieces from Rembrandt, as well as the gallery’s French Impressionists and Post-Impressionists collection, one of the finest of its kind in the world — crammed with timeless works by Monet, Cezanne, van Gogh, and Picasso.
After roughly three hours, your tour concludes inside the National Gallery, leaving you free to continue exploring independently, should you wish.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :The National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, Charing Cross, London WC2N 5DN, UK
Departure Time :4/1/2019 - 12/31/2021
4/1/2019 - 12/31/2021
Sunday: 10:00 AM - 01:00 PM Sunday: 10:00 AM - 01:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.