Private Tour of Helsinki with a City Planner
We will walk together in and around the city center for three hours, discovering Helsinki's secrets, learning its history, culture and traditions. Why do Helsinki people have picnic on top of graves? What was the meeting point of the bohemian people of 1880s in Helsinki? How did they build a church inside a giant granite rock? Where did Lenin hide when he was running away from the Tsarist Russia? Which statue is the one that seagulls hate the most? Where did they bury thousands of bodies during the plague? Why is the largest Orthodox cathedral located in a Lutheran country? Where can you eat the best salmon soup of your life? Why Finnish people still cheer for the opponents of the Swedish national football team? How did a Finnish architect influence generations of American architects and skyscraper designs? We will find answers to all of these questions and more, while visiting each of these less known yet important locations in Helsinki.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Senate Square, Aleksanterinkatu, Hallituskatu, Helsinki Finland
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Paulig Kulma Speciality Coffee, Aleksanterinkatu 9, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
Return Detail :Järnvägsstationen, 00100 Helsinki, Finland
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- The tours are capped at 6 persons for your safety; each tour will feel like a private tour. Locations and attractions we will stop at are being disinfected regularly by the responsible parties.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.