Private Tour - Stroll Around Cultural and Foodie Town Kagurazaka
Kagurazaka is an area in the center of Tokyo known for its food.
In the past, it was a glamorous town with many Japanese restaurants and lots of Geisha and Geiko.
There are several small alleys off the main street, and there are several hidden shops along the small streets. Even today, you can still see the old fashioned streets, which makes you feel like you are not in Tokyo.
Today's Kagurazaka is a new town where you can enjoy new scenery and culture while feeling the history and tradition. There is a mix of shrines, temples, restaurants, and Japanese daily goods shops.
Relax and enjoy the charm of Kagurazaka!
per adult from
2 to 3 hours
What's included :
- Tour Guide Private
- Private Tour
- Necessary expenses for the tour guide
What's excluded :
- Travel expenses and entrance fees for your own
- Money for food/drinks, souvenirs, and extra activities for your own
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- The use of private van
- Entry/Admission - Kinozen
- Entry/Admission - Canal Cafe
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Kagurazaka, Kaguradzaka, Shinjuku 160-0022 Tokyo Prefecture
Kagurazaka: As its names, Kagura"zaka" (slope in Japanese term) is an area with many slopes and narrow lanes that still retain the atmosphere of the past. First of all, let's take a look at the history of Kagurazaka, which prospered as a food town. Enjoy the tasteful streets while picturing the old days of Kagurazaka.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Zenkokuji Temple, 5-36 Kagurazaka, Shinjuku 162-0825 Tokyo Prefecture
Zenkokuji Temple: This temple was built about 400 years ago and has become rooted in the community where local people come to visit. This temple enshrined for the gods from Indian mythology. You can enjoy the depth of Japanese Buddhism here.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Akagi Shrine, 1-10 Akagimotomachi, Shinjuku 162-0817 Tokyo Prefecture
Akagi Shrine: The shrine with 700 years of history is known as the most fashionable shrine in Japan. It has been redesigned with a sleek glass wall and has become a popular spot for young people to visit.
There are a café and an apartment building on the site, and you can experience a new and modern form of the shrine.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Hyogo Yokocho Alley, 4-chōme-2-周辺 Kagurazaka, Shinjuku City, Tokyo 162-0825, Japan
Hyogo Yokocho: This is a backstreet with a stone-paved alleyway where Geisha come and go. This street has been used for filming movies and TV. It is a place where you can feel the unique atmosphere of Kagurazaka. A black-walled restaurant and a steep staircase in a hidden location make this a unique spot on Kagurazaka.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Kinozen, Japan, 〒162-0825 Tokyo, Shinjuku City, Kagurazaka, 1-chōme−１２ 紀の善ビル
Kagurazaka Kinozen: This is a long-established sweet shop in Kagurazaka that is said to be well known by locals. The most popular item is their rich green tea bavarois. Enjoy the Japanese flavor that has long been loved by the Japanese.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Noren Kagurazaka, 1-12 Kagurazaka, Shinjuku 162-0825 Tokyo Prefecture
Noren Kagurazaka: This souvenir shop sells a wide variety of fashionable and practical products. The store offers a unique blend of traditional Japanese craftsmanship and modern design. Take a trip to Kagurazaka and pick up a souvenir to remember your visit.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Canal Cafe, 1-chōme-1-9 Kagurazaka, Shinjuku City, Tokyo 162-0825, Japan
CANAL CAFE: This is a waterfront cafe with an open deck along the outer moat of the former Edo Castle. You can enjoy Italian-based food and sweets in comfortable and breezy seats.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Iidabashi Station, Japan, 〒102-0072 東京都千代田区飯田橋４丁目９−５
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- The travel expense is not included in the tour fee. Please bring extra money to experience this tour to its fullest. (Entrance fees, transportation fees, activity fees, etc. - at least about JPY 1000)
- If you do not arrive at the specified starting place after 60 minutes from the agreed meeting time, the tour will be considered canceled.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.