Private Tour: Taj Mahal Day Trip from Delhi
The Taj Mahal is one of The Seven Wonders of The World. There are not enough words to explain its beauty. It's a symbolic monument In Agra City, which is known across the world because of the Taj Mahal. Visiting this monument at sunrise and sunset gives visitors different experiences.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
What's excluded :
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- After picking you up from your hotel or airport, you will be driven by an experienced chauffeur to Agra, home of the Taj Mahal. A 3-hour drive later, you will reach the city, and your guide will take to see the main attraction of your trip.
The Taj Mahal is distinguished as the finest example of Mughal architecture, a blend of Indian, Persian, and Islamic styles. One of the most beautiful structural compositions in the world, the Taj Mahal is also one of the world’s most iconic monuments, visited by millions of tourists each year. The complex was designated a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1983.
Inside you will explore the Taj Mahal, and your guide will give a full explanation about the white marble monument. Described as the most extravagant monument ever built for love, it was constructed by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan as a memorial to his queen Mumtaz Mahal. Ittook 22 years to complete (1630-1652 AD). Ustad Ahamad Lahori, a Persian architect, is said to be the main designer and planner for this magnificent memorial.
You will spend an hour and a half in the attraction and then enjoy your lunch at an Indian restaurant. After your lunch, you will visit Agra Red Fort. In 1565, Emperor Akbar constructed the massive red sandstone Agra Fort on the bank of the Yamuna River. Additions were made until the rule of his grandson, Shah Jahan. In Akbar's time the fort was principally a military structure, but during Shah Jaha Regin, it partially became a Palace. It is an imposing structure with walls of red sandstone almost three kilometers long.
Enter through the Amar Singh Gate. The eastern part of the fort contains a palace, audience hall and mosques built by three emperors. The fort presents a good sampling of their favored architectural styles.
You will explore the Agra Heritage street and then do little bit shopping. There are many good souvenirs available. You can build great memories and then your driver will take you back to Delhi.
Departure Point :Your hotel In New Delhi
Departure Time :Between 6am and 7:30am
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Taj Mahal closed on Fridays
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.