Private Tour: The Mystical, Magical, Medieval Town of Sintra with tickets and lunch
Enjoy visits Sintra, 40Km east of Lisbon, affords a rewarding 9 hours Private Tour experience. Sintra’s Cultural Landscape is a World Heritage Site. It is a privileged ecosystem with natural and cultural value. Before visit the Pena Palace (2h) exemplifies the 19th century Romanticism style of architecture start visiting the Moorish castle (1h) situated on a hill overlooking the city of Sintra and Lisbon. Then explore Sintra historic town centre during the lunch time and visit the National Palace of Sintra. In the afternoon 5 km west of Sintra admires the Quinta da Regaleira (2h), classified as World Heritage by UNESCO this romantic architectural complex is comprised of a Palace, Chapel and gardens with grottos. Before returning enjoying a scenic drive along the Atlantic coast, and stop at Roca Cape - the westernmost extent of mainland Portugal. Your Private tour also includes a free and flexible pick-up (9am)/drop-off (6pm) from your located accommodations & Tickets & Lunch
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transportation via an air conditioned van
- Vehicle gas and tolls
- Insurances and taxes
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Moorish Castlel Tikects
What's excluded :
- In the 19th century Sintra became the first centre of European Romantic architecture. Ferdinand II turned a ruined monastery into a castle where this new sensitivity was displayed in the use of Gothic, Egyptian, Moorish and Renaissance elements and in the creation of a park blending local and exotic species of trees. Other fine dwellings, built along the same lines in the surrounding serra , created a unique combination of parks and gardens which influenced the development of landscape architecture throughout Europe.
Sintra is simply a must, if you are in the area of Lisbon! The old Moorish city, which was recaptured in 1147 by the Portuguese King Alfons 1, has been the summer residence of the Portuguese kings and the aristocracy for more than 600 years. Today Sintra is a popular tourist spot, surely not least because of its mild humid climate and its picturesque location at the foot of the small coastal mountains Sierra de Sintra that rise sharply above the city. The main attraction, however, are its historical sights.
The landmark of Sintra is the National Palace (Palacio Nacional), with its huge, conic, white twin chimneys, which rise above the large palace kitchen, and are visible from quite a distance. It is one of the most important examples of regal architecture in Portugal and for that reason is classified as a National Monument.
The palace was continuously inhabited as a royal summer residence from the 14th to the 20th c. It is a conglomerate of different architectural styles. Elaborate wood carved ceilings, which arch over the rooms and marvellous wall decoration with ceramic tiles from the 15th/16th centuries, the Azulejos,, bear witness to the Arabic influence. The tiles were manufactured in Seville and it is the oldest and most extensive collection on the Iberian Peninsula.
Begin your day tour with a pick up at you hotel at 9AM.
Arriving to Sintra visit the historic town’s most famous monuments.
• Pena Palace
• Moorish Castle
• Sintra Village
• National Palace of Sintra
• Regaleira Estate (Quinta da Regaleira)
• Roca CapeAt your request we can add or stop in others places / monuments like Monserrate Palace
After a day full of sightseeing, we return back to your hotel at 6PM
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
This is a Private Tour and we provide free and flexible pick-up and drop-off from your located accommodations.Please provide your Hotel / Address for the Pick-upAirports
- Lisboa Airport, Alameda das Comunidades Portuguesas, Lisbon 1700-111 Portugal
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Coronavirus Safety Measures - The safety and well-being of everyone who uses our services are always our priority. We are actively monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and are taking steps to help keep our customers safe.
- We’re certified by the Official Tourism entity ‘Turismo de Portugal’ with the hygiene certification stamp ‘Clean & Safe’.
- For our safety, we operate only private tour and pick-up/drop-off all passengers. We clean and disinfect our vehicles every tour and we provide hand sanitizer and masks to our customers.
- Our guides are experienced professionals, courteous and drive defensive and safety with only one objective to ensure your safety and satisfaction.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- We're certified by the Official Tourism entity 'Turismo de Portugal' with the hygiene certification stamp 'Clean&Safe'. We clean and disinfect our vehicles every tour and we provide hand sanitizers and masks to our customers.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.