Private Tour to Ajloun from Amman
Leave Amman hotel with your own private leisure vehicle and English-Speaking Driver who doubles up as your guide to visit the Islamic Castle of Ajloun built by the Muslims during the 12th Century in the time of Saladin for defensive purposes during the time of the Crusaders. Enjoy the beautiful scenery and green north fields from its unique towers. There are two theories for the name of Ajloun; either (iron) as there was iron material in the area, or because it was built on top of a monastery after the priest name. In all cases, this is a fascinating fortress castle to visit while you are in Amman!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Private Transfer by air-conditioned leisure new vehicle according number of participants
- English-speaking driver
- Entrances Fees to Ajloun Castle
- On board WI-FI
- Entry/Admission - Ajlun Castle (Qala'at ar-Rabad)
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Local guide
- All type of meals, unless option with lunch selected (Vegetarian meal by request)
- All type of beverages
- All type of gratuities (Tips to the Driver, Guide, and Horse Boy) – Recommended
- Personal expenses
- Anything else not mentioned
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ajlun Castle (Qala'at ar-Rabad), Ajlun Jordan
Delve into Jordan’s medieval past on this trip to Ajloun Islamic Castle from Amman. Take in the countryside views as you travel into northern Jordan with your private leisure vehicle and English-Speaking Driver, visit this picture book 12th-century Muslim fortress, built under Saladin’s rule to help limit incursions by the Crusaders and protect nearby iron mines. Cross the moat to explore the maze-like chambers and courts; visit the small museum to learn about Ajloun’s eventful history; and climb the towers to absorb the spectacular views over the surrounding mountains, forests, and olive groves. Travel by private air-conditioned vehicle and English-Speaking Driver. Choose to tour alone or hire a local guide (at your own expense) to appreciate the history and panoramic views.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Confirmation will be received at the time of booking.
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off by request.
- Contact your local operator (phone number, emergency mobile number, or email address) a day before to reconfirm pick-up arrangements provided in your voucher.
- For Jordan Pass holders that purchased tour activity with entrance fees, please inform us to reimburse the entrance fees in destination.
- Clients are advised to bring hats, sun screen, and comfortable walking shoes.
- Tour activity is provided in English. For other languages (Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German) by request.
- Mobile SIM cards including Wi-Fi are available with assistance of our team upon request and can be subject to a small additional charge approximately: 20 USD. (Prices subject to change by the communication company).
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level.
- Most local tourist restaurants in Jordan do not serve alcohol, if you do not want a dry restaurant please contact us.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- These measurements will be updated accordance with the Health Ministry regulations.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.