Private Victoria & Albert Museum Tour: Greatest Collection of Arts and Crafts
Your tour begins at the Victoria and Albert Museum, London’s Victorian centre of art and crafts created by the Royal Couple. It is now a museum of Arts and Crafts from all countries, styles and periods. Apart from the main collection of oil paintings and watercolours (with the emphasis on the British ones and a collection of Constable’s oil sketches), sculptures and architectural examples, the museum contains the world’s finest collection of applied arts such as weapons and armours, tapestries and carpets, jewellery and theatrical costumes and scenery, furniture and ceramics, fashion and modern design.
Visit the famous Cartoons for tapestries which Raphael created for pope Leo X and the recently refurbished Renaissance and Medieval Galleries and the more recent Baroque Galleries.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private tour
- Professional art historian guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: V&A - Victoria and Albert Museum, Cromwell Road, London SW7 2RL England
After joining your guide you will be introduced to the most amazing objects designed by artists and craftsmen. Started as a school of design since 1836, the Museum was soon called “A People’s Palace", which was re-established to continue the famous Crystal Palace Exhibition. Its future Director Henry Cole said: “This Museum based on Design and Manufacture will educate designers, inspire manufacturers and reform the taste of the public at large.
Your guide who will show you briefly the main Museum Galleries of European, American and Asian Art, will concentrate in the highlight of the Museum. He or she will show you the mode of the first prefab glass building used to hold in the Park the Great Exhibition of 1851 called “The Great Exhibition of the Works of Industry of All Nations”, later expanded to all Arts.
You will see Ancient Textiles and Modern Chairs, works by Michelangelo, Leonardo and Giambologna; Bernini’s largest marble statue moved out of Italy; Canova and Rodin’s sculptures. In the Islamic Galleries the Ardabil Carpet, the largest and finest carpet in the world; Tipu’s Tiger from Misore; Indian Jewellery, European Jewellery from Ancient to Modern times, Miniatures and Limnings, Clothes by the best designers of our day, Glass and Ceramics galore, etc. etc.
This private tour is hosted by a professional guide specializing in art history.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Victoria and Albert Museum, Cromwell Rd, Knightsbridge, London SW7 2RL, UK
Return Detail :Victoria and Albert Museum, Cromwell Rd, Knightsbridge, London SW7 2RL, UK
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.