Puffing Billy Steam Train & Healesville Wildlife Sanctuary Tour From Melbourne
Visit the Dandenong Ranges on a day trip from Melbourne that takes you riding through forests of towering mountain ash gum trees and giant tree ferns on the Puffing Billy steam train and view Australia's unique wildlife at the Healesville Sanctuary. Discover the beauty of Melbourne's most scenic regions as you watch cockatoos and rosellas in the Dandenong Ranges.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Experienced local driver/guide
- Live commentary on board
- Super comfortable luxury coach including: free wifi, in-seat USB, air conditioning
- Pickup and dropoff for select Melbourne hotels. These appear in a dropdown box when booking
- Ticket for the Puffing Billy Steam Train ride (from Belgrave to Menzies Creek)
- Enjoy a traditional Devonshire Tea of scones, served warm with jam, cream, and tea or coffee
- Entry to Healesville Wildlife Park
- Get up close and personal with some of Australia's most well known animals
- Entry/Admission - Grants on Sherbrooke
- Entry/Admission - Puffing Billy Railway
- Entry/Admission - Healesville Sanctuary
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Grants on Sherbrooke, 70 Monbulk Rd, Kallista, Victoria 3789 Australia
At Grants on Sherbrooke, enjoy a delicious traditional Devonshire Tea of scones served warm with jam and cream, and tea or coffee served in china cups.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Puffing Billy Railway, 1 Old Monbulk Rd, Belgrave VIC 3160, Australia
Ride the century-old Puffing Billy Steam Train on the 30-minute ride from Belgrave to Menzies Creek. View the towering Mountain Ash trees and beautiful gullies of Sherbrooke Forest
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Healesville Sanctuary, Glen Eadie Ave, Healesville VIC 3777, Australia
Get ready to meet a group of furry friends at Australia’s premier wildlife and nature sanctuary, Healesville, home to mammals and reptiles and over 200 varieties of native birds
• Every Sunday, you can learn about the local Wurundjeri Aboriginal people. Hear of their culture, traditions and stories of the Dreamtime. Listen to the sounds of the didgeridoo and be amazed at their mastery making that Boomerang really fly!
• Lunch is available to purchase at one of three cafés at Healesville Sanctuary
• A volunteer guide will escort you among Australia’s unique birds and animals in a natural bushland setting
• You can experience ‘Kangaroo Country’, the ‘Spirits of the Sky’ show and ‘Tales from Platypus Creek’
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pick-ups commence prior to the tour start time. Please refer to your voucher for your hotel pick-up time or call the operator. You will be collected from the hotel you have selected in the drop down list. If you wish to change your pick-up location, you must call the operator at least 24 hrs prior to travel. If your hotel does not appear on the dropdown list, the operator does not pick-up from your hotel. Please phone the operator to arrange an alternate pick-up time and location.
Departure Time :8:10 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Please call prior to booking regarding wheelchair accessibility
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Please bring your own washable face mask and gloves. Should an unexpected situation arise, additional face masks, rubber gloves, antiviral sprays/wipes are available for guest distribution. Group sizes will be continuously reviewed to align with government recommended protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.