Quilotoa Private Day Tour
This one day cultural tour takes you to the beautiful one and only Quilotoa Lagoon. Situated in Ecuador South America. The Quilotoa Volcano is a water-filled caldera in the Ecuadorian Andes with a 3- kilometers (2 miles) wide crater. It was formed 14.000 years ago, leaving an astonishing turquoise volcano crater lagoon. Explore the Saquisili (Thursday) or Pujili (Sunday) towns and visit a native family. Hike down to the lagoon shores. Have a traditional highlands dish for lunch and visit the Tigua community on your way back to Quito
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional driver/ guide
- Transportation from and to Quito’s hotel (urban zone)
- Meals as described in the itinerary
- 24/7 assistance in Dutch, English and Spanish
What's excluded :
- Optional mules rent ($10)
- Optional 30 min. kayak trip in the lagoon ($5)
- Optional tips for guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pujili, Pujili, Cotopaxi Province
Explore Saquisili/Pujili (Thursday/Sunday) and visit a native family.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Laguna Quilotoa, Laguna de Quilotoa, 070701 Ecuador
When you arrive at Quilotoa, you will hike down to the crater, explore the Laguna shore and get back up again, in a stunning hiking tour. It is possible to hire mules for part of the trek.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Tigua, Tigua, Cotopaxi Province
Arrive to the Tigua community.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Your Hotel in Quito
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This Quito tour is a Private / Individual Tour. This means you the same guide during your tour. There won’t be any other guests during the tour, only your travel party.
- Important things to bring: warm and waterproof clothing, water, sun block, sunglasses and passport.
- Inform yourself about food safety when traveling to tropical countries. Take the necessary precaution to avoid food poisoning (always wash your hands before eating, don’t eat ‘street food’, only eat peeled fruits, etc.).
- The operator cannot take any responsibility for any illnesses or missed meals & tours due to an illness.
- It is mandatory to have valid travel and medical insurance. Please inform us of any known medical conditions you have.
- Time Disclaimer: We recommend this private tour to start no later than 08:00 am because you will enjoy the tour at a good pace and you will not miss out on any activities. If you choose for a later departure time it might be possible that you will miss some activities due to traffic or other circumstances.
- The operator reserves the right to change the itinerary without previous notice due to weather conditions, availabilities, National Park regulations or notifications and unforeseeable circumstances.
- In order to process your reservation please help us with all this information:
- Hotel Information for Pick-up
- Whatsapp phone number (in case you use Whatsapp and would like us to contact you that during your stay via Whatsapp)
- For all guests:
- Passport numbers
- Date of birth
- Food restrictions
- Medical restrictions
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Transportation included is from and to Quito’s hotel, located in the Quito urban Zone. It does not include Valleys, Tababela or hotels close to the airport. The extra charge of $ 40 (for the round trip per group) must be paid directly to the driver.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Travelers must bring with them extra sanitary items to be used during the entire tour. Transportation: Passengers will be seated skipping a place to maintain the distance required. Medicine: Travelers should bring their medications from their countries.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.