Ramnagar Mud House Stay
Located on the banks of the Khichdi River, the campsite lies in the quaint little Kyari Village in the Ramnagar region of Nainital. At the foothills of Uttarakhand’s Himalayas, this campsite is not only rife with dense forests but even a plethora of native and migratory birds. Moreover, it overlooks the famous and beautiful Jim Corbett Tiger Reserve, giving you a direct insight to this region's rich wildlife. During this camping trip, you’ll be staying in traditionally made mud houses that come with thatched roofs to incite the typical village experience.
Experience the fun of living like locals through this wonderful Ramnagar mud house stay.
Enjoy the thrill of staying in the heart of wilderness.
Spot many rare and native bird species.
Feast on the local Komaoni cuisine.
Gain a first hand insight to the local village life.
What's included :
- Accommodation in mud houses on a twin sharing basis
- Proper bedding with camp cots, quilts, mat and pillows etc
- Attached bathroom with 24 hrs running water
- Hot water in buckets on request
- Partial electricty, fan and charging points
- A wood run 'bhatti' for piping hot water
- All veg meals from lunch on Day 1 to breakfast on Day 2
- Guided nature walks and treks
- Village interaction
- Bird watching
- Tea with cookies
- All applicable taxes
What's excluded :
- Pick-up from the Ramnagar Railway Station (can be arranged at an additional cost)
- Pick-up from Kathgodam (can be arranged at an additional cost)
- Car parking (available at an additional cost)
- Personal expenses
- Mountain biking, water surfing, ladder climbing (can be arranged at an additional cost)
- Wildlife safari to Corbett Tiger Reserve (arranged at an additional cost for max 6 Indian Nationals)
- Barbecue (can be arranged at additional cost)
- Extra meals (can be arranged at an additional cost)
- Any kind of insurance
- Expenses arising due to unforseen circumstances
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
The Ramnagar mud house stay is a beautiful adventure that offers you 2 blissful days of being in the midst of the wilderness. On this delightful trip, you'll get to stay in traditionally designed mud houses and indulge in local Kumaoni cuisine. You'll get to explore the local culture and natural landscape of the region, and you'll also spot some rare species of birds. Thus, with a combination of breathtaking natural beauty and rustic cultural life, this trip makes the perfect escape from the hustle of your daily city life. Bring your friends or bring your family, it’ll be an adventure you are bound to remember.
Departure Point :Camp Hornbill, Kyari (Corbett), Village- Kyari, P.O.- Ramnagar, Dist.-Nainital, Uttarakhand, Kiari Bandobast, Uttarakhand 244715, India
Departure Time :5:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers