Red Panda Volunteer in Wolong Panda Base Private Tour
To reveal the hidden part of the Hetaoping Wolong Panda Base. These are the highlights:
a.Red Panda Volunteer Program: The volunteers will clean and prepare the food for the red pandas. Red pandas eat mostly bamboo, apples and panda cakes. The volunteers will be surrounded by a group of fluffy red pandas, and feed them with the help of the keepers.
b.Learn about wildness survival training program for captive raised bred pandas : At Hetaoping, cubs are prepared for release largely without human contact. They are raised by their mothers in large bushy enclosures until independent, then moved together to larger isolated compounds. Their only interaction with humans is with the keepers who deliver bamboo daily, dressed in panda suits liberally soaked in panda urine to cover the human smell. Anyone visiting the center must wear the urine-soaked suits. Training to survive in the wild is left to the mothers.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- English speaking tour guide
- Entrance fee
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- RMB900 per person for red panda volunteering (If " All Inclusive Tour" is booked)
- Entry/Admission - Wolong Giant Panda Nature Reserve
What's excluded :
- Personal expense
- RMB900 per person for panda volunteering (if " All Inclusive Tour " is NOT booked)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wolong Giant Panda Nature Reserve, Wolong Town, Wenchuan County 623006 China
Wolong Hetaoping Panda Base, as a part of the Wolong Giant Panda Nature Reserve, located at the southwest of Wenchuan County. It is the earliest base for giant panda breeding, which first constructed in 1980s.
07:00am-08:40am Drive to Wolong Panda Base
08:40am-09:00am Put on the suit and sign the agreement
09:00am-09:30am Drive to the red panda enclosures
09:30am-10:40am Prepare the food, clean the enclosures, feed the red pandas
10:40am-12:00pm Visit the semi-wild enclosures, the panda cubs being trained to be released into the wild
1:00pm-1:50pm Watch a documentary video
01:50pm-03:00pm Feed the red pandas again
03:30pm-06:00pm Back to Chengdu
*The itinerary is subject to change.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up any hotels within the 3rd ring of Chengdu city.You will be collected an additional fee RMB100 for the hotel located outside the 3rd ring road.You will be collected an additional fee RMB100 for the airport pickup or drop-off.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No physical contact like touching or holding pandas
- We collect the additional fee RMB100 for the hotel located outside the 3rd ring road
- We collect the additional fee RMB200 for the airport pickup or drop-off
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.