Ring of Kerry Private Tour from Cork
The Ring of Kerry (or Iveragh Peninsula) is the Kerry tourist trail and part of the mystical and unspoilt region of Ireland that has attracted visitors for hundreds of years. Its spectacular beauty is beyond question, part of the Wild Atlantic Way in the Southwest region a 112 mile drive out into the Atlantic on a peninsula.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
What's excluded :
- The Ring of Kerry is without doubt one the most scenic drives in the south west of Ireland. It doesn’t matter what direction you come at it from, when you go over the border into Kerry better known locally as ‘The Kingdom’, the mountains and countryside stand out above all the rest. The ring starts in Killarney a tourist town voted the number 1 destination to visit in Ireland in 2014. The ring itself is steeped in history, the towns we pass through or even stop in if you wish all have a story to tell.
The first town on the ring is Killorglin home to ‘The Puck Fair’ the oldest pagan festival in Ireland. During the fair a male goat is hoisted 40 feet up in the air on a platform and he becomes ‘King’ of the town for 3 days and to celebrate everyone goes on the beer! Obviously there’s a really good reason for this which we will share with you on tour. From here we meet the Atlantic Ocean and we stay parallel with it for a lot of the journey stopping for pictures by The River Caragh, looking across the ocean after Glenbeigh seeing Dingle Bay, from there a coastal drive to Cahersiveen birth place of Daniel O Connell the Catholic emancipator and a very important man in Irish history.
From here we head into the seaside town of Waterville were Charlie Chaplin spent many holidays and there is a ‘Charlie Chaplin festival’ held here every year. Then we go to the top of ‘Comnakiste’ were from such an elevated site there are beautiful views across the Beara Peninsula. We then go down into Sneem which is ‘the knot’ in the ring of Kerry, on through the ‘Country Park of Killarney’ and up again to ‘Molls Gap’ where we have the ‘Macgillycuddy Reeks’ Mountain range and to the left rises ‘Carrauntoohil’ the tallest mountain in Ireland. Next we visit ‘Ladies View’ named after a visit from Queen Victoria and this is the first time we get to see the three beautiful Lakes of Killarney. Heading down the winding road through the stunning Country Park which is both a wooded and rocky terrain we arrive at the end at ‘Torc Waterfall’ nestled in the wood rising 18 metres high and such a spectacular sight to see. We then take you than back into Killarney and on to your destination
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Your centrally located Cork accommodationDates: DailyReturn point: To your Hotel or accommodation anywhere in the Munster region even if different from pick up point.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- This tour is not suitable for cruise ship passengers/ cruise ship excursions, due to time restraints
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.