Rioja Like A Native Wine Tour
In our "Like a Native” tour, you will learn the differences of how wine was made in the past and today, always gaining first-hand knowledge from the wine family producers, who will explain everything you need to know about our extensive wine culture.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation, Guide, 2 winery visits + wine tastings in each, and lunch "like a native"
What's excluded :
- Tips (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Estatua de la Libertad, Casco Historico de la Ciudad de Cenicero, Cenicero Spain
In our "Like a Native” tour, you will learn the differences of how wine was made in the past and today, always gaining first-hand knowledge from the wine family producers, who will explain everything you need to know about our extensive wine culture:
- We will visit a 5th generation family winery where they maintain the ancient method of wine production. This is one of the last 15th century underground wineries in La Rioja that continues the traditional grape pressing with their bare feet using grapes from their own vineyards, fermenting the wine in stone deposits and centennial wooden vats.
- We will go to the Train Station Quarter in Haro to taste their historic wines, where the real wine revolution began due to a plague that devastated the French vineyards bringing French winemakers to La Rioja in order to export our wine to Bordeaux, establishing their first cellars in the vicinity of the Haro Train Station where there are still 7 centennial wineries.
- We will visit a 3rd generation family winery that continues working the same way as their ancestors using 21st century technology and do a special tasting from the barrels to appreciate the differences between French, Hungarian and American Oak barrels.
- We will go to a medieval 10th century village called Laguardia for lunch where we will have great tasting Spanish food and later walk through its charming streets.
In this tour you will enjoy the experience of learning about 6 centuries of winemaking tradition from the best professionals in Rioja.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick you up and drop you off where you will be staying in the Rioja area.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.