Rome Capitoline Museums Skip-the-Line Tour with Capitoline Square
Enjoy a 3-hour guided tour of the unique museum founded by Pope Sixtus IV and admire the stunning bronze sculptures of the emperors of Rome. Explore the entire Capitoline Hill complex, designed by Michelangelo, as your guide brings the past back to life. This small group tour is guaranteed to skip the lines!
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional and licensed Blue Badge guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- 3-hour guided mono-lingual tour
- Small-group walking tour
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees (Please pay these directly to your guide at the meeting point. The admission fee to the Capitoline Museums is approx. €18 per person, and includes headsets so you can clearly hear your guide at all times)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Musei Capitolini
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Musei Capitolini, Piazza del Campidoglio 1, 00186 Rome Italy
Visit the Capitoline Museum founded by Pope Sixtus IV, and admire paintings by Caravaggio and other masters.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Colle Capitolino, Piazza del Campidoglio, Rome Italy
From the top of the hill, you’ll have a panoramic view of Rome that includes the domes of Sant'Andrea della Valle and San Pietro
Pass By: Piazza del Campidoglio, Rome Italy
meet your guide at Piazza del Campidoglio, under the Marco Aurelio statue, where you’ll begin your amazing journey through the history of the Capitoline Hill complex, including the Capitoline Museum and St. Mary of Aracoeli Basilica.
Your professional guide will tell you how the construction on Capitoline Hill began, and how Michelangelo was commissioned by Pope Paul III to design the square.
The first square of modern Rome was created by the genius of Michelangelo, rising on the Capitoline Hill, on the site of an old village and the place dedicated to numerous temples to the Roman deities.
Stop At: Basilica di Santa Maria in Aracoeli, Scala Dell'Arce Capitolina 12, 00186 Rome Italy
Step inside Santa Maria in Ara Coeli, built on the ruins of the Tempio di Giunone Moneta. Its name derives from a legend according to which a sibyl predicted the coming of the son of God, saying: Haec est ara filii Dei. This is the highest peak of the Campidoglio Hill.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Piazza del Campidoglio, 1, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Departure Time :4:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The tour is mono-lingual
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- All health and safety measurements place by the Italian Government have been placed on our tours.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.