San Basilio de Palenque UNESCO World Heritage Site Daytrip: Africa in America
Starting from Downtown Cartagena, we take a private AC transport to San Basilio de Palenque, UNESCO World Immaterial Heritage. Learn how Bantú African languages and practices survived for over 400 years in a little far off town, 1 hour away from Cartagena (plus urban traffic). Enjoy typical food, music and get a language class of Lengua Palenquera which is only spoken by these over 3.000 people.
per adult from
7 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Bottled water
- All activities
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Tour escort/host
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (small additional fee aplies if out of the city center)
- Language class
- Visit to local musicians
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- The tour starts at 8am and the drive to San Basilio de Palenque will take 45 minutes in urban traffic plus 45 minutes in the wonderful countryside. The trip willbe amde short by our local Palenquero guide whi will give you all the details about the historical place you are about to visit. As you arrive, you will be introduced to your guide in Palenque and will be taken on a walk to the Cementery to speak about mortuory practices, to the monuments and to learn about the importance of Benkos BIoho and Pambelé. Then you will have the most delicious local food served in the traditional way. After visitng musicians and cooks, and enjoying a Lengua PAlenquera language class, we are sure you will never forget San Basilio de Palenque ever again.
Departure Point :Hotel pickup available. Small fee applies if your hotel is not within the Walled City (Centro and Getsemaní).
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Same place as pickup.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Minimum numbers apply for group tours (5 people). There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Insider Tours by FEM