Santorini Wine Tasting & Food Pairing :Taste good life at Santorini
Coming to Santorini and not experiencing a wine tour, offering such a colorful spectrum of unique and truly local grape varieties, would be a true loss.
Live the wine experience, have an introductory 4-hour winemaking tour. Hear about the ancient vineyards of Santorini, the history of the island, and how the rich volcanic soils influence and add distinctive notes to local winemaking, renderings its produce unique throughout the world.
. Visit 2 traditional wineries and enjoy a cellar tour of each.
. Explore 8 different wines such as the distinctive Assyrtiko, Nykteri, and the sweet Vinsanto. It is accompanied by a platter of cheeses and bread sticks. Handmade Vinsanto Chocolate is tasted with the vinsanto wines: tomato paste, Caper, and dry fruits.
. Discover the traditional village of Pyrgos, a protected UNESCO settlement since1995
. Both wine experts and experienced Tour Guide will be your escorts on this private tour. Let’s raise our glasses!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Wine tasting
- Local guide
- Hotel/port drop-off
- Hotel/port pickup
- Entry/Admission - Estate Argyros
- Entry/Admission - Gavalas Winery
- Entry/Admission - Castelli of Pyrgos
What's excluded :
- Stop At: Estate Argyros, Episkopi Gonia, 84700 Greece
Once we pick you up at a location of your choice and meet up with your private guide, we will visit Estate Argros for wine tasting experience which includes 7 wines. It has food pairing information, like which wine goes with which food.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Gavalas Winery, Megalochori, Santorini, Greece, Megalochori 847 00 Greece
Walk through Megalochori village, famous for its vineyards and see from close the Kouloura. Visit Gavalas winery, one of the oldest wineries on the island, and taste 5 different wines. Gavalas winery still produces Vinsanto by stomping the grapes as the old time.. You will see a number of antique items, while the wine tasting offers a number of rare indigenous varieties.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Castelli of Pyrgos, Pyrgos 84701 Greece
Visit the former capital of Santorini and the best preserved medieval settlement on the island.
We will walk through the traditional village of Pyrgos, a village found at the highest point of Santorini; a typical fortress settlement, which was declared as a UNESCO protected settlement in 1995. On its' hilltop we will will find the ruins of Kasteli Castle, one of the five `Kastelia` located on the island. You will have a panoramic view for the entire island. The tour ends at your Hotel or at the Cable Car terminal, in Fira, convenient for cruise ship guests.
Duration: 1 hour
• Platter of cheeses, cold cuts and traditional delicatessen items of Greek origin
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
For cruise ship passengers: Pick up from the exit of the cable carFor Hotel pick ups:Pick up from any hotel as close as it getsFor Airport: Please provide flight numberEnd Point Options: Cruise Ship Port, Airport, HotelAirports
- Santorini Airport, Greece
- Τελεφερίκ Σαντορίνης - Άνω σταθμός, Ipapantis 10, Thira 847 00, Greece
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.