Scenic Karlstejn Castle Bike Small-Group Day Trip from Prague
You could not imagine a more enjoyable bike trip than this one to Karlstejn Castle – a 17-mile ride along two rivers with next to zero climbing! Czech countryside, 14th century castle, small towns – you'll love it!
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- High-end 29" bike rental including helmet
- Lunch and beer
- Hotel Pick Up
What's excluded :
- Your personal travel insurance
- Castle interior tour fees(courtyard is entered free of charge)
- Hotel drop off
- We can’t imagine an easier and more enjoyable ride than the one to Karlstejn – a 17 mile (28 km) ride along two rivers with next to zero climbing, and the best – with no traffic at all! We avoid cars by starting our ride right on the edge of Prague, where we’ll drive you from your hotel.
About 97% of the ride follows designated (mostly paved) cycling paths and before seeing the castle for the first time, you will enjoy peaceful Czech countryside and lush green forests that will make you think you’re much farther than a few minutes from Prague by train. If you feel like it, we can stop for a swim in the river or have a break at one of many little biker’s cafés that local cyclists like so much.
Or perhaps we can make a small brake at our favorite bakery? If you prefer only paved tracks, no problem, if you don’t mind a bit of dirt, we know some shortcuts (still easy)!
The best comes at the very end of our ride, when we take you to a meadow squeezed between dense forests, where there is the most stunning view of the Karlstejn castle. It’s so stunning not just because Karlstejn is suddenly below us but especially because we see nothing but the castle and forests all around. Suddenly you feel like there might just be Charles IV and his companions marching on horses across the meadow…If you like to, feel free to attend a 55 minute tour inside the castle (fees not included) though we think castle’s beauty is rather outside than inside.
If you are a beginner to intermediate biker and you want to explore the Czech Republic capital’s surroundings, this is the way to go! Feel free to join your guide for a lunch at our favorite restaurant by the castle at the end of the ride (included in price). Finally you get back to Prague by pleasant 40 minutes ride on train, without having to worry about the bikes as we leave them at Karlstejn.
Price includes high-end bike rental incl. helmet, guide, lunch & beer, pick up at your hotel, train ticket back to Prague
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30am - 9:15am If not agreed on specific time, pickup time is 8:30am
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you book this tour for one person only, you might be asked to come to a meeting point within Prague downtown on the day of the tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Organised by Explore - Adventure Trips Prague