Shore Excursion: Panoramic Helsinki and Seurasaari Open-Air Museum
This 5-hour Helsinki sightseeing tour departing from your cruise port will cover the top attractions in the city, but also includes a visit to the Seurasaari Outdoor Museum, which is a lovely wooded oasis in the middle of the city where you can see examples of early Finnish architecture and learn how the Finnish people used to live. This is a great tour for people interested in learning a bit more in depth about the history of the Finnish people.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional English-Speaking guide
- Coffee and/or Tea - Coffee or tea at a local café
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance to Seurasaari Open-Air Museum
- Snacks - Pastries at a local café
- Entrance to the Rock Church (if open to the public)
- Entry/Admission - Seurasaari Island and Open-Air Museum
- Entry/Admission - Temppeliaukio Church
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Senate Square, Aleksanterinkatu, Hallituskatu, Helsinki Finland
We will start our tour by heading to the city center, passing the ice breakers on the way, for a photo-stop at the Senate Square - the heart of Helsinki, where one can see the elegant Lutheran Church, and the interesting mix of East, West, and simply Finnish influences pervading the city.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Havis Amanda, Kauppatori, Helsinki 00170 Finland
We will see Havis Amanda – symbol of Helsinki and symbol of love.
Stop At: Hietalahti Market Square, Lonnrotinkatu, Bulevardi, Helsinki 00180 Finland
After that you will have free time for shopping in the market square – you will see a great variety of Finnish products there which are mostly made in Finland.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Museum of Contemporary Art Kiasma, Mannerheiminaukio 2, Helsinki 00100 Finland
We will drive down Mannerheim Street, the main boulevard of the city, passing Kiasma museum, designed by American architect Steven Hall.
Pass By: Parliament of Finland, Mannerheimintie 30, Helsinki 00100 Finland
Panoramic tour of the Parliament House.
Pass By: Finlandia - Talo, Mannerheimintie 13, Helsinki 00100 Finland
Panoramic view of the Finlandia Hall, designed by famous Finnish architect Alvar Aalto.
Stop At: Olympic Stadium (Olympiastadion), Paavo Nurmi tie 1, Helsinki 00250 Finland
Continuing on we will stop at the Olympic Stadium, used for the 1952 Olympic games.
Duration: 5 minutes
Stop At: Seurasaari Island and Open-Air Museum, Seurasaari, Helsinki 00250 Finland
Then we will drive to magnificent Seurasaari Open-Air museum, located on a beautiful green island just a few kilometers from the heart of Helsinki. The island is a tranquil oasis in the midst of the city and at the museum the traditional Finnish way of life is displayed in the cottages, farmsteads and manors of the past four centuries that have been relocated from all around Finland. All the different provinces of Finland are represented in the well preserved old buildings and they give an overall view of Finnish countryside life from the 18th to the 20th century
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Sibelius Park, Mechelininkatu, Helsinki Finland
Then we will stop at Sibelius Park for a unique photo opportunity of the monument of 527 steel pipes honoring the great Finnish composer Jean Sibelius.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Temppeliaukio Church, Lutherinkatu 3, Helsinki 00100 Finland
Continuing on to the famous Rock Church, a one-of-a-kind modern-day structure build entirely into bedrock and quarried stone.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Swedish Theater (Svenska Teatern), Pohjoisesplanadi 2, Helsinki Finland
We are going to pass The Swedish Theatre, where you will have the option to stay in the city for dinner or more shopping, or to return to the ship.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Port of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Traveler pickup is offeredPorts
- Port of Helsinki, Olympiaranta 3, 00140 Helsinki, Finland
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Entry to the Rock Church cannot be guaranteed due to occasional religious services and other private events.
- If the Market Square is closed due to weather conditions, you will be taken to the Market Hall instead.
- The order of the tour may vary depending upon where the vessel will dock and local conditions.
- The visit to Seurasaari Island involves approximately one hour of walking. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- A light snack is provided.
- Sequence of events may vary depending on traffic or overcrowding.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.