Sigiriya Rock and Dambulla Cave Temple (Private Day Trip)
Start your journey with pickup at 5am from your accommodation in Colombo to embark on a journey to
Dambulla, which is approximately a 4-hour drive.
At 7am, eat a delicious breakfast in Kurunegala.
Visit Sigiria Lion Rock and Sigiriya Museum
After spending sometime at the museum and eating lunch, at 2pm, visit Dambulla Cave Temple with
your guide. The Seated Buddha Dambulla Cave Temple is located about 30 minutes
At 5 pm, you will head back to Colombo, which is approximately a 4-hour drive.
At around 09 pm – 10 pm, you will arrive back to your accommodation in Colombo.
per adult from
12 to 15 hours
What's included :
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Colombo
- Local taxes, parking and highway charges
- Private, air conditioned vehicle with English-speaking chauffeur guide
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Ancient City of Sigiriya (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Dambulla CaveTemple (if option selected)
- Breakfast (if option selected)
- Entry/Admission - Sigiriya The Ancient Rock Fortress
- Entry/Admission - Dambulla Cave Temple
What's excluded :
- The personal spending (Tips, Laundry, Mini Bar, Telephone, Internet, Fax etc)
- Any other services not specified above
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Medical Expenses, Insurance, International Flights and Accommodation
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sigiriya The Ancient Rock Fortress, Sigiriya 21120 Sri Lanka
Sigiriya Rock, a granite outcrop rising from scrubland areas that transform into water gardens during the rainy season. Then, climb the metal steps to the rocktop: home to a ruined fifth-century fortress. View the frescoes en route and explore the relics on the summit, the remnants of a royal citadel built by King Kasyapa.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Dambulla Cave Temple, Jaffna Hwy, Habarana 50150 Sri Lanka
UNESCO-listed Rock Temple of Dambulla: five hill caves converted into a temple in the first century BC and filled with Buddha statues. Inspect the caves with their stunning wall and ceiling murals as your guide shares Dambulla's history.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Colombo, Sri Lanka
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A significant amount of walking is involved
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Each traveller is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking, however, Infant meals not included
- Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions & pregnant women
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.