Skip the Line: Shakespeare's Schoolroom and Guildhall Entry Ticket and Tour
Discover where William Shakespeare was educated and inspired to become the world's greatest playwright with a visit to Shakespeare's Schoolroom and Guildhall. Immerse yourself in 16th century Stratford as you can literally take a seat in the very room that Shakespeare sat as a young pupil. Visit the Council Chamber and experience the space where he first witnessed performances by the country’s greatest actors of the day. During this interactive and engaging experience, participate in a Tudor lesson, brush up on your Latin and dress up in Tudor-style for a 'selfie,' and play Tudor games. A visit to Shakespeare’s Schoolroom and Guildhall is perfect for all ages and includes entrance fee, guide and Tudor lesson.
per adult from
30 to 60 minutes
What's included :
- Tudor lesson
- Entry/Admission - Shakespeare's Schoolroom & Guildhall
What's excluded :
- Visit: Shakespeare's Schoolroom & Guildhall, Church Street, Stratford-upon-Avon CV37 6HB England
Stratford's newest visitor attraction provides the missing chapter of the story of William Shakespeare's life in his home town - his education and the inspiration that led him to become the world’s greatest playwright.
Visitors are invited to explore the very building in which young William Shakespeare was educated in the 1570s. Learn about what subjects he would have studied and the teaching methods of the day. Films provide background information about Shakespeare's school days and the historic significance of Stratford-upon-Avon's Guildhall.
Built in 1420, this building is one of only a few remaining medieval Guildhalls in the country. Knowledgeable and passionate guides will bring the many stories to life about the building's role in Stratford's civic life over the centuries and how the Shakespeare family was involved.
See the Council Chamber, where William Shakespeare's father served as Bailiff (Mayor). Enter the space where Shakespeare first witness performances by some of the country's greatest actors of his time. Participate in a Tudor lesson and brush up on your Latin. With this interactive and engaging visitor experience for all ages, you can dress up in Tudor-style for a 'selfie,' play Tudor games and get messy with quill and ink, and marvel at the medieval wall paintings. Major restoration and meticulous conservation work of the Guildhall, provides an extraordinary history of the building and of over 400 years of civic history of Stratford.
Departure Point :Shakespeare's Schoolroom & Guildhall, Church Street, Stratford-upon-Avon CV37 6HB England
Departure Time :4/1/2019 - 3/31/2021
4/1/2021 - 3/31/2022
Monday - Sunday: 11:00 AM - 05:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 11:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wheelchair accessible; elevator allows access to both floors
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.