Skip the Line: The Butterfly Conservatory Admission Ticket
The Butterfly Conservatory is a nature regeneration project dedicated to preservation and re-growth of rainforest; with a focus on butterflies and other tropical rainforest frog and insect species. The project has now grown to contain the largest exhibition of butterflies in Costa Rica, and is a learning center for understanding the butterfly life-cycle and incredible metamorphosis experience.
• Butterfly Exhibition
• Open from 09:00am to 1:30pm
• Transportation is not inclued.On this tour visitors will learn about the incredible butterfly life-cycle, and see how we raise these beautiful creatures in our butterfly laboratory. We will also discuss the uniqueness of specific butterflies and plants found flying in each of our 4 ecological habitats. And will also learn about exotic frogs, our botanical gardens and medicinal herb areas, along with our reproduction greenhouses, and then take the rainforest River Walk and around Butterfly Creek.
per adult from
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Butterfly Conservatory
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Visit: Butterfly Conservatory, Calle Real El Castillo, El Castillo, Arenal Volcano National Park Costa Rica
Butterflies are our primary focus, but all of nature is connected and interdependent; so we do research in many ecological areas. To have stable, healthy butterflies, we must also have clean water and healthy plant, insect and amphibian populations, so our research extends to these areas. The Conservatory land is adjacent to a natural reserve and two rivers, where we conduct and monitor diversity surveys, environmental studies, and water quality programs.
The Butterfly Conservatory provides a natural laboratory where Biologists and other concerned scientists can do field research. The more we monitor and learn about our environment under stress, the better equipped we will be to protect it. Our hope is that our grandchildren and yours will be able to experience the endless wonders in the Neo-tropics, with a natural balance in the carbon/oxygen ratio.
Departure Point :Butterfly Conservatory, Calle Real El Castillo, El Castillo, Arenal Volcano National Park Costa Rica
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- It is recommended that you bring light clothing, comfortable shoes, hat, suntan lotion, Insect repellent and a camera
- Child until 04 years are free
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.