Skip the Line:Castel Sant'Angelo Entrance Ticket & Express Tour from the Terrace
Discover the iconic castle and retrace the history of its ancient fortress before letting yourself be captivated by a beatiful view of the Eternal City from its terrace. Admire the multi-layered structure and its fortress that serve as the mausoleum of the Roman emperor, Hadrian and his family. Get amazed with the extraordinary masterpiece of the scupltor Bernini, Ponte degli Angeli, along the Castle's historic bridge. Learn more from our English speaking Host who will lead you up the terrace for a panoramic express tour.
per adult from
What's included :
- Guaranteed Skip-the-long lines entrance to the Castel Sant'Angelo
- 1-hour guided visit of the Castle's Terrace
- Panoramic view of the Terrace
- Small group of 20 people
- Headsets if needed
- English Staff
- Entry/Admission - Museo Nazionale di Castel Sant'Angelo
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Visit: Museo Nazionale di Castel Sant'Angelo, Lungotevere Castello 50, 00193 Rome Italy
You`ll take part of a Small Group in an Express Tour of the Castle`s terrace. Get inside through a skip-the-line ticket and be accompanied by our staff to its magnificent Terrace and start a 1-hour tour. Its terrace has one of the best views around the Eternal City of Rome and the highest point of the Castle. Its name was originated from the colossal statue of Archangelo Michele, to recall the vision of Pope Gregory Magno about the pestilence in 590 in Rome.
The view opens 360 degrees towards the City centre, from the grounds of the Castle and beyond the Tiber river. In front of the Castle , you can admire the Sant`Angelo bridge, one of the most scenographic masterpiece of the Roman Baroque Art designed by Bernini, representing ten Angel Statues that symbolizes love and passion. The Castle is sorrounded of many public buildings such as the giant mole of Palazzo di Giustizia, the Villa Borghese, the Quirinale, the Pantheon, the Campidoglio, the Aventino Hill, the Gianicolo and looking towards the Basilica of St. Peter where you can apppreciate the so called passetto di Borgo, a passage way that connects Castel Sant`Angelo with the Vatican buildings.
After this fantastic experience you are free to visit the remaining levels of the Castle on your own pace, just to admire other ruins of the Castle founded by the Emperor Hadrian built to be his monumental tomb. Throughout the years , the building was also used by the Popes as their private residence, a treasure of the State, a prison and a place of public executions. After the visit of the Castle, you can walk on your own to see the wonderful scupltures of the Angels located along the Sant`Angelo bridge, also known as Ponte degli Angeli.
Departure Point :Museo Nazionale di Castel Sant'Angelo, Lungotevere Castello 50, 00193 Rome Italy
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.