Small Group Hike from Como
This 4 hour guided hike will allow you to explore a scenic mountainside path winding through characteristic villages. An excursion that will allow you to enjoy also a nice cruise on the lake by public boat.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional, friendly English speaking licensed guide
- Nice picnic with local food
- Public boat ticket Como/Torno
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lake Como Food Tours, Piazza Camillo Benso Conte di Cavour 19 Hotel Metropole Suisse , 22100, Como Italy
This 4 hour guided trekking will allow you to discover part of the “Strada Regia” a panoramic mountainside path winding through chestnut woods and characteristic villages the ancient way of connection between Como and Bellagio (32 km).
A professional guide will meet you in Como from the lakeside road in the town center. The tour starts with an unforgettable 30 minutes cruise of the lake by public boat to reach the beautiful village of Torno, where we will start our trekking through the charming village to reach the beginning of our trail that will lead us to the nice hamlet of Piazzaga with crotto and chapel. We will cross valleys and villages admiring the fascinating Massi Avelli along the way, erratic rocks which have represented an interesting archeological mystery in the past, which has not been solved yet.
The experience continues until reaching another enchanting hamlet: Monte Piatto. Here we will stop to re-fuel enjoying the view over the lake from the church Santa Elisabetta and taking photos of the curious “Pietra Pendula”, a huge boulder suspended on the apex of a limestone rock. An ideal location to savour some delicious local tastings: salame, cheeses, vegetables, accompanied with bread to finish with something sweet.
We will soon star our descent to Torno along a well defined mule track . This will end our tour leaving you free to relax and enjoy lunch in one of the characteristic restaurants facing the lake. Boats leave regularly from the beautiful harbor-square, piazza Casartelli. A pleasant cruise will take you back to Como or to the other villages where you chose your accommodation.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Hotel Metropole Suisse, Piazza Camillo Benso Conte di Cavour, 19, 22100 Como CO, Italy
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :22020 Torno, Lombardy, Province of Como, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please make sure to wear comfortable clothes and hiking shoes or sport shoes for hiking.
- Activity Level: Moderate. We are on maintained trails, but there are a few significant elevation gains and losses on this hike.
- Participants should be active and healthy.
- Please bring a bottle of water; alternatively you can purchase one near the meeting point.
- Please check the weather. If rain is forecast the tour will be cancelled.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.