Small Group Hike from Varenna
A 4-hour guided trekking through chestnut woods and olive trees providing unparalleled views over Lake Como and the mountains.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional, friendly English speaking licensed guide
- Train ticket Varenna/Bellano
- Picnic with local food
What's excluded :
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sentiero del Viandante, Varenna Italy
This 4 hour guided trekking will allow you to discover the “Sentiero del Viandante” (Wanderer Path), a panoramic mountainside mule path winding through chestnut woods and olive trees.
This path was the ancient way of connection between Lecco and Valtellina: starting from Abbadia and passing through the territories of Varenna and Dervio, the path reaches Colico, following the eastern shore of Lake Como at middle mountain level.
Mountain walking allows us to get to know both nature and ourselves. It allows us to take a timeout from the grey cement cities and enter into harmony with our surroundings, listening to the sounds and silence of nature, our thoughts and to share these sensations with our travel companions.
The Sentiero del Viandante is ideally divided into 3 or 4 stages: what we suggest is the Bellano - Varenna part, which is one of the most scenic ones. During this experience you will have the time to relax and savour some delicious local tastings: salame, cheeses, vegetables, accompanied with bread to finish with something sweet.
A professional guide will meet you in Varenna, where you will take the train to reach Bellano. You will then start your 3-hour hiking back to the starting point in Varenna.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Lake Como, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please make sure to wear comfortable clothes and hiking shoes or sport shoes for hiking
- Activity Level: Moderate. We are on maintained trails, but there are a few significant elevation gain and loss on this hike. Effective duration of the hike: 3 hours
- Participants should be active and healthy
- Please bring a bottle of water; alternatively you can purchase one near the meeting point
- Please check the weather. If rain is forecast the tour will be cancelled
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.