Small-Group Hoover Dam VIP Tour from Las Vegas
Head out with your professional tour guide to Hoover Dam
When built, Hoover Dam was once the largest dam in the world. It is an outstanding achievement, noteworthy not only for its enormous dimensions, complex design and intricate construction, but also for its illustration of mans outstanding ability to overcome the desert's summer sun, the vagaries of a treacherous river and the extreme hazards of great heights on the chasm's sheer walls. The building of the dam also created Lake Mead, North America's largest man-made reservoir. Views from the top of the dam to the river below are absolutely stunning.
Before returning to Las Vegas, enjoy a stop at a local park where herds of Bighorn Sheep often come down from the surrounding mountains (seasonal) to graze on the sweet grass.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Hoover Dam
- Entry/Admission - Lake Mead National Recreation Area
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Boulder City/Hoover Dam Museum, 1305 Arizona St, Boulder City, NV 89005-2613
Your small-group tour starts with pick up from your Las Vegas Strip or downtown hotel at approximately 8am. Head out with your certified interpretive guide on a tour that includes the dam's Visitor Center with its fascinating Hoover Dam movie and historical displays. In addition, the tour takes you in an elevator down over 500 ft. to the generator room located on the Nevada side of the dam.
Stop At: Hoover Dam Access Road, Boulder City, NV 89109
Located in Black Canyon on the Colorado River, the Hoover Dam was once the largest dam in the world. It is an outstanding achievement, noteworthy not only for its enormous dimensions, complex design and intricate construction, but also for its illustration of mans outstanding ability to overcome the desert's summer sun, the vagaries of a treacherous river and the extreme hazards of great heights on the chasm's sheer walls. The building of the dam also created Lake Mead, North America's largest man-made reservoir.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Pass By: Hoover Dam Bypass, U.S. Route 93, Las Vegas, NV
See the impressive Mike O'Callaghan-Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge
Pass By: Colorado River, Nevada
See the wondrous Colorado River from Hoover Dam
Stop At: Lake Mead National Recreation Area, 10 Lakeshore Rd, NV 89005
Before returning to Las Vegas, enjoy a stop at a local park where herds of Big Horn Sheep often come down from the surrounding mountains (seasonal) to graze on the sweet grass.
As part of your tour, you will receive a complimentary guide on the geology and history of the dam, Native American history, local flora and fauna information and many other interesting tidbits!
Duration: 10 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
This is a morning tour only. Hotel pickups are between 7:30 am and 8:00 am. Return to Las Vegas approx 1:00 pm
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Post COVID-19 Safety Updates - We politely request that you refrain from taking this tour should you start displaying any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19. We do recommend guests wear a face mask, but this is not mandatory. Please be sure to bring one if you wish to wear it. All vehicles are sanitized prior to every tour and social distancing will be strongly encouraged.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Social distancing is encouraged and face masks are suggested for travelers and guides in public places when social distancing is not possible. Some public places may require face masks.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.