Soviet Berlin compact - private tour
Learn more about the final battle for Berlin, the arrival of the Soviets in Berlin, the Cold War, the stationing of Soviet troops in Germany, and the influence of the Soviet Union on everyday life in the GDR.
Join us on this compact 2-hour tour through the center of the German capital. You will experience some of the most important stages of Soviet Berlin: from the arrival of the Red Army in Berlin and the end of World War II in 1945 until the withdrawal of the armed forces after German reunification. In the meantime, you get insights in the history of the Cold War and the Soviet influence on the real socialist everyday life in the GDR.
"Soviet Berlin compact" is a special city tour, which brings you to some of the most famous sights of Berlin.
Duration: 2h Walking Tour through Berlin’s center
Price: 200 € / group
per adult from
What's included :
- In-person guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- + A private group tour exclusively for you
+ A likeable local guide
+ An exciting tour through Berlin-Mitte by the specialist for tours about Berlin’s Soviet history
+ You will see some of Berlin's best-known sights, The Reichstag, the Brandenburg Gate and the Gendarmenmarkt
+ A booking confirmation by email with further information
★ Meeting point: Berlin-Hauptbahnhof/Main Station Washington-Platz (south side), 10557 Berlin, on the left-hand side, next to the electronic display board for public transport)
Come 15 minutes early; we start on time
★ Endpoint: Gendarmenmarkt
★ Duration: approx. 2 hours, easy three kilometer walk
The tour takes place in any weather. Please think of adequate clothing.
Departure Point :Berlin Main Station
Return Detail :Tour ends at the Gendarmenmarkt.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.