Speyside Whisky and Moray Firth Coast Small-Group Day Tour from Inverness
Whether you're a whisky lover or a whisky learner, you're bound to get a taste for it in the beautiful region of Speyside, in the comfort of a luxury, 16 seat mini-coach.
The area is home to around 50% of all Scottish whisky distilleries, so there's almost too much to see and drink. Let your experienced driver-guide help you get the most out of the region by taking you to two distinct distilleries. It's a chance to learn about the incredible history, process, and flavors of Scotland's national drink. And if you're not a whisky lover, there's gorgeous scenery and a chance to explore the ruins of a stunning 12th century castle.
There will be time for lunch on this full-day tour, however it is not included in the price. Please note that entrance fees for the distilleries are also not included.
per adult from
9 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Professional and friendly driver guide
- Transport by 16-seat air-conditioned Mercedes mini-coach
- Small group tour (16 people max) for a more personal experience
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Glenfiddich Distillery
- Entry/Admission - Benromach Distillery
- Entry/Admission - elgin moray
- Entry/Admission - Balvenie Castle
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Glenfiddich Distillery Station Road, Dufftown AB55 4DH Scotland
Arguably, the distillery that created the global demand for single malt whisky.
This distillery produces the largest quantity of whisky in Scotland. But it’s far from a sterile factory, this is a historic distillery created by a famous whisky pioneering family, and the traditions and age of the site are evident. Your guide here gives you an extensive tour including a tasting of the core range of Glenfiddich’s delicious whiskies.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Benromach Distillery, Invererne Rd, Forres IV36 3EB, UK
This small-scale independently-owned distillery is our first distillery of the day. The friendly staff at the distillery explain how they make whisky and show you the different areas of production before giving you a wee sample of the golden-hued spirit itself.
This distillery does whisky the old fashioned Speyside way. Slowly with a little bit of smoke.
Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes
Stop At: elgin moray, Ballochan, Ballater AB35 5XB, UK
Explore this town and discover an incredible wee whisky shop and a gorgeously grand Cathedral.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Findhorn Beach, North Shore, Findhorn, Forres IV36 3YY Scotland
A classic UK north seascape with a stony beach and colourful beach sheds.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Balvenie Castle, Glenfiddich, Dufftown Scotland
Near to Glenfiddich Distillery are the historic ruins of Balvenie Castle. There may be time to get a photo of the castle before you leave. Or if you’ve had enough whisky for the day, you can skip the Glenfiddich tour and venture into the ruins.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Stance No. 7, Inverness Bus Station, Margaret St, Inverness IV1 1LT, UK
Departure Time :9:15 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Luggage Allowance: You're restricted to 14kg (31lbs) of luggage per person on our tours. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Benromach Distillery and Glenfiddich Distillery – due to Covid19 restrictions, we may need to visit alternative distilleries on this tour. No need to pre-book, you can choose whether you want to visit the alternative distilleries whilst on your tour.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- • Face coverings are mandatory and must always be worn. • Infrared thermometer temperature check during check-in for tour. Passengers with temperature readings above 38 degrees will not be able to travel for health and safety reasons. • Simple Covid-19 health questionnaire upon arrival.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.