Srebrenica - The Valley of Death
Meet the town of Srebrenica which has become known for the unfortunate events which went on during the Bosnia war. You will learn about history and how within 3 days, the biggest genocide massacre since World War II, took place in this small town. We will visit the Srebrenica Potocari Memorial Complex, see beautifl natural landscapes, the thermal springs and cozy villages with country homes. Also you will learn about the “July 11th Musala”, the Turbeh, the Wall of Memories, and the Museum of Genocide.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge and parking
- Professional driver/guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Souvenirs (available to purchase)
- Srebrenica is a town which suffered the most during the homeland war in Bosnia. Today, Srebrenica is the host of a memorial in the names of 8000 innocent war victims killed during the aggressor siege.
Srebrenica has become known for the unfortunate events which went on during the Bosnia war. Within 3 days, the biggest genocide massacre since World War II, took place in Srebrenica making it go down in history.
On the Srebrenica – Valley of Death Tour, you will visit the Srebrenica Potočari Memorial Complex. This memorial was established in 2001, and it was officially opened to the public by former US president Mr. Bill Clinton.
During your tour around the Potocari memorial, our guide will tell you all about the history of Srebrenica and the events that happened during the harsh war times. Srebrenica has become a UN protected zone due to these events and to the unresolved genocide status of the town.
Although the every-day life of Srebrenica has regained its natural flow and returned to normal, many of the women and children who survived the massacres and lost their loved ones are still not able to find peace due to the fact that they still haven’t found the remains of their loved ones. A number of mass graves have been excavated, but a number still remains lost.
Beside the tragic past of Srebrenica and Potocari, this location has in the past also been very popular for the beautiful natural landscapes, typical for Bosnia. A plethora of wildlife and greenery, dense forests with pine trees, the thermal springs and cozy villages with country homes, are all a must see on your tour to Srebrenica.
On your tour to Srebrenica you will also see and learn about the “July 11th Musala”, the Turbeh, the Wall of Memories, and the Museum of Genocide.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Butmir Airport, Sarajevo Bosnia and Herzegovina
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- wear comfortable walking shoes
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.